+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos won't save, old photos now all blurry

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I already uninstalled the apps/tweaks I had from cydia before I noticed this. But while taking pictures of my fiance and our new puppy, the pictures would show as a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Photos won't save, old photos now all blurry
    I already uninstalled the apps/tweaks I had from cydia before I noticed this. But while taking pictures of my fiance and our new puppy, the pictures would show as a thumbnail after taking them, but once I went to click on them, there are no where to be found.

Also, all my previous photos in my photo roll are now blurry. I have over 8gb of memory free on my device.

Any ideas?

EDIT: After connecting to ifunbox, I find all my old pictures in var>mobile>dcim>100apple and they have the correct resolutions, but none of the ones I have taken since have saved.

EDIT: Another edit. under DCIM I have two folders, .MISC and 100APPLE, all the new photos I had taken are in the .MISC folder under a sub folder called "incoming"

I know it won't be hard to get the pictures where I want them, but how do I get them to save to the correct place?
    Last edited by schultepk; 04-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That depends...this happened immediately after you uninstalled things from Cydia or you just noticed it then and it could've happened prior? There's definitely no way for an iDevice (by default) to redirect photos anywhere else besides the camera roll that I'm aware of.

Have you tried a hard reset?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, use iFile, click on the photos blue arrow and press add to camera roll

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    That depends...this happened immediately after you uninstalled things from Cydia or you just noticed it then and it could've happened prior? There's definitely no way for an iDevice (by default) to redirect photos anywhere else besides the camera roll that I'm aware of.

Have you tried a hard reset?
    I took pics in the morning that worked fine. Then throughout the day I installed backboard and GPS weather lockscreen. Then I noticed in the afternoon my camera was messing up so I uninstalled them.

I have since moved the photos from the .misc incoming folder to my camera roll folder but they still won't show up on my phone.

Thanks

So this behavior is intermittent. Did you end up trying a hard reset?

I can't think of anything else besides maybe running iCleaner would help and restoring.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, moving photos to the Camera Roll folder won't work, you have to import them with a utility like iFiles "Add to Camera Roll" button or with App Store app DC Copy etc.

Thanks

the OP's phone is not saving newly taken photos directly to the camera roll. He is not asking how to move or import existing photos.