Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to unlock iPhone 4, jailbreak without restore from itunes

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default how to unlock iPhone 4, jailbreak without restore from itunes
    Hi guys,
    Just got my iphone 4 for my sister and jailbrak it (version 5.1.1) using absinth 2.0.4. and also got the IMEI unlock to. in order to got it unlock, it requires to restore form itunes. is there any way I can get it unlock without restore the phone so I won't loose my jailbreak.

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I thought if ya put a SIM card in it unlocks it. Not sure maybe cowboy or Simon will chime in.

Thanks

No, I did unlock one time when Apple still on 5.1.1 on my 4S, I have to restore from itunes then the msg unlock displayed. but with this iphone now since apple signing the lastest version can not be untethered jailbreak. If I restore then my jailbreak is gone. As I remember corretly there is a software from cydia or some where that can trigger the unlock without restore from itunes but I dont know what is it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

De-activating it is what you want. If you use Redsn0w, you can achieve it. Although I have had some weird reactions from it out of some of the phones I've worked with. Do this at your own risk.

Deactivate your phone with Redsn0w for AT&T iPhone unlocking | iPhoneBlogr.com

Here is a simple guide for it.

Thanks

You right, there is some weird thing happens, the dam phone restart everytime I go to setting and sometimes in cydia. I did uninstalled all the program downloaded form cydia but still no luck ... Phone keep restarts. Is there anyway I can restore 5.1.1 again then jailbreak ? (my current iOS on it now is 5.1.1)

Thanks

Unless you have SHSHs for 5.1.1, you can't restore to it.

Thanks

I am on 5.1.1 now can I save SHSH and how?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Use iFaith
    Had the same problem some time back and here is how I solved it -

Use iFaith to save your shsh blobs and AP ticket. Download the 5.1.1 ipsw and again use iFaith to stitch the blobs and create a custom software.
    Put your phone in DFU and connect to iTunes - it will say you need to restore - and shift-Click the restore button. Now choose the custom software and let the phone restore.
    You should now get the "Congratulations- Your Phone is Unlocked message"

Jailbreak the phone again...

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    I am on 5.1.1 now can I save SHSH and how?
    No. The signing window by Apple is closed already. You can only save SHSHs when Apple still signs the fw version, regardless of what fw you are on now.

With an iPhone 4, you can use iFaith to save the SHSH, and use Redsn0w or other tools to create and stich blob to custom firmware and restore. Good luck

He says he is jail broken on 5.1.1 so this means cydia already save all his ssh

And if I'm right Sam Peres also had the option to deactivate and reactivate using the app and itunes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mag12 View Post
    He says he is jail broken on 5.1.1 so this means cydia already save all his ssh

And if I'm right Sam Peres also had the option to deactivate and reactivate using the app and itunes
    Cydia may or may not have his 5.1.1 SHSH blobs. However, iFaith or redsn0w can Fetch and submit the blobs on the device to Cydia so he'll have them for future use.

I don't know who/what Sam Peres is, but SAM (Subscriber Activation Module) available on the Cydia repository http://repo.bingner.com will de-activate the phone, allowing for iTunes to reactivate it (with the unlock, assuming the unlock has gone through). Redsn0w will also allow you to deactivate the phone without the need for extra on-phone software (Extras -> Even More... -> Deactivate).

Thanks

I think I found the solution for my iPhone 4, What I did, uninstalled some the program that I got from Cydia that I could before it reboot. then I do the reset> Erase all content ans settings then after that I plug to itune to activate again, the same time it pop up the " Congratulation ...unlock msg..." the phone not reboot anymore. Now a can reinstall all needed programs from cydia
    Thanks guys for all you help