+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Notification Sounds

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, so for the past few days I've been having some notification issues. For all the iOS stuff (Phone, texts, mail) the alerts come through, and some 3rd party apps
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No Notification Sounds
    Ok, so for the past few days I've been having some notification issues.

For all the iOS stuff (Phone, texts, mail) the alerts come through, and some 3rd party apps (Tweetbot, WWF) also come through. But then I have a lot of other apps (CNN, ABC, Zynga Poker, Facebook) whose notification sounds don't come through.

They all have sound enabled in the notifications list. I get the push notifications, I just don't get the sound. It's not muted because other notifications work.

My tweaks are:

Activator
    AskToCall
    Badge Customizer
    BiteSMS
    Blackout
    BrowseInApp
    BrowserChooser
    Calendar Pro for NC
    ChromeURL
    Cyntact
    DisplayCandy
    FolderEnhancer
    Gridlock
    ISX
    Jellylock
    Mail Enhancer Pro
    Multiiconmover
    Multistorey
    NCBettterSwipe
    QuickStore
    Springtomize 2
    SwipeShiftCaret
    ThumbsUp
    BatteryDoctorPro
    2x2 Folder Icons

All the notification sounds work on my iPhone 4, and they worked on my iPhone until a few days ago.

The only thing that changed since then was:

Added: BrowserChooser, ChromeURL, Jellylock, Quickstore, and BatteryDoctorPro.

Also, I installed Flusterless and used it for a day. Then I removed it. But i feel like the no sound started when I used flusterless to turn on DND (it is no longer on). I'm wondering if that might have corrupted any app that sent a notification while it was enabled?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried disabling or uninstalling those apps that you recently added?

Also try reinstalling Flusterless after you've uninstalled/disabled everything else new, and set it so it is not on Do Not Disturb, and see if that resolves it. Then just uninstall it with the DND turned off. Sometimes a tweak will keep something enabled or disabled, such as DND even after you uninstall it. So what you're saying makes sense - even though you said it's no longer on. You should just ensure that it is turned off via the tweak itself.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Have you tried disabling or uninstalling those apps that you recently added?

Also try reinstalling Flusterless after you've uninstalled/disabled everything else new, and set it so it is not on Do Not Disturb, and see if that resolves it. Then just uninstall it with the DND turned off. Sometimes a tweak will keep something enabled or disabled, such as DND even after you uninstall it. So what you're saying makes sense - even though you said it's no longer on. You should just ensure that it is turned off via the tweak itself.
    I've uninstalled those tweaks and every other tweak I had - removed mobilesubstrate.

I tried that with Flusterless. But it's not like EVERYTHING is silent - only a few apps. But i tried toggling both DND and flusterless DND a few times. No luck.

I'm thinking maybe it left a file somewhere that corrupted the apps that sent notifications while it was enabled? But i don't know if that's possible, how to prove it, or how to fix it. And i was advised not to use icleaner.

LinkBacks (?)