Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked baseband on newer 3gs

Default Bricked baseband on newer 3gs
    Hi,

As the title says I have a newer 3gs (week 49 of 2012) which has bricked baseband, I misread the serial number and mistaken it as compatible, I read it as week 24 of 2009. tried flashing the ipad bb now its bricked. Is there currently anyway to fix this problem? I see you can buy the baseband cpu for these phones for about 8.99 but will replacing this fix the problem? or is there any otherway around it?

Thanks

Unfortunately, replacing baseband chip is you only solution now which is not easy thing to do. Good luck....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah that phone is useless without the replacement. It does take some skill to do the replacement...so if you know how to solder you're good. If not but you want to try...well the phone is screwed anyway so why not. Or you could sell it for small cash for parts. Probably won't get much out of it since the baseband chip is attached to the main board.

Check around to see if anybody will do the service for you, if doing it yourself isn't an option. It might cost a bit of money though.

Default reply
    Thanks for the replies, I have no problems soldering so I'll just go for it. I emailed bejing phone repair though and they said the nor chip has to be replaced aswell, I'll have to source parts, if I can and the repair is successful Ill post results with links etc so people know theres hope

thanks

Hi,

Turns out you have to replace the nor chip aswell, however it would change the imei of the phone to a generic imei which is barred in the UK, so I wouldn't be able to use the phone anyway. nevermind but maby if you live outside the UK this may still be usefull information.

so what you means is, after swapping the chip the IMEI was changed?

In order to use the iphone for call, internet, etc. To which sim carrier we must re-activated again ? since the IMEI is should be stored at apple's server