+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s on 5.1, Advice?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I was given an iPhone 4s, which is great, but it has iOS 5.1 on it, which is not so great. This creates a problem given I can't have saved
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s on 5.1, Advice?
    I was given an iPhone 4s, which is great, but it has iOS 5.1 on it, which is not so great. This creates a problem given I can't have saved blobs from a phone I didn't previously own. I have some experience jailbreaking iPhones but I havent done much since about iOS 5.

I know 6.1.2 can be jailbroken but the only issue is getting to 6.1.2 or earlier and avoiding 6.1.3 until its been broken. Aoes anyone have any advice?

My main goals are:

1. Jailbreaking the newest (or best version I can get to)

2. Being able to activate (or hacktivate) without the use of the '112' method or a sim

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

As for as ya jailbreak goes. You gonna have to stay where ya at. If ya update you will be forced to go to 6.1.3 which has no jailbreak for that phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, that's no good. Looks like an upgrade to 6.1.3 and it's sold. Is there anything that can be done to get into the phone without a SIM other than dialing 112 to get temporarily around activation?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Not to sure about that. Not my best help right now

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The 112 that you mentioned is Gevey unlocking method for iPhone 4. In your case, you need to activate with a carrier SIM. If you don't have one, hopefully, you can borrow one. You can also purchase it from the carrier. Good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    The 112 that you mentioned is Gevey unlocking method for iPhone 4. In your case, you need to activate with a carrier SIM. If you don't have one, hopefully, you can borrow one. You can also purchase it from the carrier. Good luck
    This. And if nobody has a SIM for you to borrow, you can buy one for real cheap on eBay or somewhere online. Can range from $5-$10. If your buyer has a SIM to use, that's fine too. On iOS 6, you do not need a computer to activate it.