+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 8GB GSM - unable to downgrade from ios 6.12

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi All, I've inherited a iphone 4 that a friend was unable to get working. Turns out after checking with apple that while the device itself is fine - it's
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 8GB GSM - unable to downgrade from ios 6.12
    Hi All,

I've inherited a iphone 4 that a friend was unable to get working.
    Turns out after checking with apple that while the device itself is fine - it's locked to a network in Austria who want more than the phone is worth to unlock it.

I was looking at jailbreaking to unlock - but encountering problems... I was going to use Evasion, but it doesn't work with a phone that's not activated. I can't activate due to the lack of a T-Mobile Austria sim card.

Someone suggested jailbreaking and using Sim tools to activate, then using Evasion to jailbreak untethered which made good sense to me - except I can't get it to play nice.

I've downloaded the ios 4.1 iphone4 software - but restore is failing, even when using tinyumbrella & pwned DFU in redsn0w.

Can anyone give me some guidance on a route that should work?
    Device currently boots to the setup wizard but fails to activate. It's running the latest ios 6 release.

Really appreciate any suggestions,

Steve

Thanks

If you are on 6.1.3, there is no way to use it as normal phone. Your BB (firmware) is 4.12.05 and it's not possible to unlock it. The only option you have is unlock from the network.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,452 Times in 6,379 Posts

Also the phone does not have to be activated to be jailbroken. I have an old 4 and a 4s that are not activated, but both are jailbroken. If you do not have the blobs for an older firmware, you will not be able to downgrade either.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!