+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help on restoring my iphone 4S with IOS 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I'm having some issues with my Iphone 4S i jailbrake using evasi0n and it seems is having some problems at the moment sometimes when i use it, it crashes and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need some help on restoring my iphone 4S with IOS 6.1.2
    I'm having some issues with my Iphone 4S i jailbrake using evasi0n and it seems is having some problems at the moment sometimes when i use it, it crashes and i have to restarts with out the extensions( i just dont know remember what the top bar says) it and i tap on the top bar so it will restart with out any incidents, what are my options here, I know that if restore from Itunes is going to do to 6.1.3 and i will loose the option to jaibrake, is there an option to do it with out loosing 6.1.2

Please lewt me know what do about this.
    P.S. i did tried to save my blobs with tiny Umbrella and the application would not sync with my iphone.
    (i just conected the iphone to tiny Umbrella ) and it seems i have that option can this be done after the Iphone is Jailbrake?

Need some help on restoring my iphone 4S with IOS 6.1.2-screen-shot-2013-04-11-8.50.24-pm.png

EVO
    Thanks

If you dont see the blobs, make sure you select REQUEST SHSH FROM CYDIA in the ADVANCED tab, not that any blobs saved from Cydia will be of any importance.

Also, I dont understand your issue.

Is it the phone that is having issue or trying to jailbreak with evasi0n?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    If you dont see the blobs, make sure you select REQUEST SHSH FROM CYDIA in the ADVANCED tab, not that any blobs saved from Cydia will be of any importance.

Also, I dont understand your issue.

Is it the phone that is having issue or trying to jailbreak with evasi0n?
    Is the phone actually that is been having issues, that is why i want to restore to it but with IOS version 6.1.2

Thanks

You can't restore 4S to 6.1.2. Try to use iCleaner, it just might help with all the problems with the tweaks you have

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I am having an issue with iCloud and the only suggestion from apple is update to 6.1.3 which I won't do until a jailbreak is out. I'll look for iCleaner and see if it fixes it. Are there any other ways to restore or remove the jailbreak so I can erase all content and start over? It looks like you have to buy iCleaner, if it worked I wouldn't have a problem but I won't know until I buy I guess.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 04-17-2013 at 03:18 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Currently there is no bootrom exploit for iDevices on A5+ to upgrade/downgrade firmwares. Thus, saving the SHSHs now is only for a hope that in the future we can use them. As of now, they are useless... 8-((

It seems like the problem with your iphone is cause by one or more Cydia tweak(s) that is not compatible with iOS 6. To save the current firmware and untethered jailbreak, you may want to boot the phone in safe mode (hold up volume (+) button while rebooting the phone). Then, go in Cydia and remove one tweak at time to eliminate the culprit.

Good luck

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe the culprit was PkgBackup. I went into privacy and disabled the contacts and calendar from being accessed by it then deleted the iCloud account and re-added it and it finally worked. I've tried uninstalling PkgBackup plenty of times and found some post about enabling those options in privacy but of course mine were and decided for the hell of it to disable those 2 and it worked.