+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore iPhone 4S from 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 Possible With Blobs & TU?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey All - Read some conflicting things, so thought I'd post to see what was true. I have an iPhone 4S with 6.1.2 which was jailbroken via Evoluti0n. I installed
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Restore iPhone 4S from 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 Possible With Blobs & TU?
    Hey All -

Read some conflicting things, so thought I'd post to see what was true. I have an iPhone 4S with 6.1.2 which was jailbroken via Evoluti0n. I installed TinyUmbrella and saw I didn't have blobs for 6.1.2, but then ran it against Cydia which did have them and reteived them. (They aren't bold in TinyUmbrella, though, issue?)

For the past couple of days, I've been unable to get my 4s out of Safe Mode. I've tried uninstalling numerous Cydia apps with no luck.

Can I restore from 6.1.2 back to 6.1.2 with the Blobs I retrieved from Cydia via TinyUmbrella? If so, is it the same process as earlier versions where I start TU's TS server and do a direct restore to 6.1.2 by picking the file in iTunes?

Just don't want to be stuck with a phone that can only go to 6.1.3 so making sure...

Thanks!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

You would be stuck on 6.1.3 iPhone 4S can't do that

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks -

Just got really lucky. Was again looking through Cydia packages that I recently installed, saw Auxo, and remembered that I installed an update for it recently. Uninstalled it and sisn't go to Safe Mode!

Quick Question, though. I want to clean out many of my Cydia packages yet know that many of them are dependent on primary packages. I know which in the list are primary. Are there any that I should never uninstall like Evasion j/b, Activator, etc?

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Give us a list ,or screen shot of everything you have in packages and someone will tell you exactly. In any case, from the above, you can uninstall Activator, but Evasion JB no way. BTW, I have a feeling that, when you uninstall Activator, everything will get back to normal.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Agree give us a picture with them all and I'm sure someone will give ya some help. I wouldn't just start deleting ones.

You can so git Icleaner from cydia and run that. It cleared almost 2 gigs of trash I had.