Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello-And A Few Questions..

Default Hello-And A Few Questions..
    I apologize in advance. I am going to have questions you're probably quite tired of.

I have an iPhone 5; it's my first Apple device and I found a case on Kickstarter (iExpander) I backed. Long story short, I think Apple wants this project to die. Since the backers are getting frustrated, we're getting a few options on how to proceed. And one of them is jailbreaking to have the case as-promoted. I really had no intent of jailbreaking, but realistically, it might be the only way to have the suite of features.

I understand the purpose of JB and how it might be beneficial for some. What I need to know is anything that might be an issue in doing so. To that end, I have questions I hope y'all can not only answer but add anything pertinent I'm unaware of.

1) What happens with current downloads?

2) Do they stay with the phone or are lost unless you restore?

3) Would I be able to get updates independent of iTunes?

4) Am I correct in that iTunes won't recognize/block/attempt restore of JB phone?

Thanks in advance. This wasn't something I'd intended to do, and I want to make a reasoned decision.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Core-Lokt View Post
    I apologize in advance. I am going to have questions you're probably quite tired of.

I have an iPhone 5; it's my first Apple device and I found a case on Kickstarter (iExpander) I backed. Long story short, I think Apple wants this project to die. Since the backers are getting frustrated, we're getting a few options on how to proceed. And one of them is jailbreaking to have the case as-promoted. I really had no intent of jailbreaking, but realistically, it might be the only way to have the suite of features.

I understand the purpose of JB and how it might be beneficial for some. What I need to know is anything that might be an issue in doing so. To that end, I have questions I hope y'all can not only answer but add anything pertinent I'm unaware of.

1) What happens with current downloads?

2) Do they stay with the phone or are lost unless you restore?

3) Would I be able to get updates independent of iTunes?

4) Am I correct in that iTunes won't recognize/block/attempt restore of JB phone?

Thanks in advance. This wasn't something I'd intended to do, and I want to make a reasoned decision.
    All current download as in AppStore and all? All that's still the same.

They all stay with the phone nothing changes when ya jailbreak. It opens ya phone up to add different tweaks or themes.

Yes you will.

Nothing changes with a jailbroke phone. Depending on what firmware ya on now. As long as its not 6.1.3 you can jailbreak. But just don't update to that cause them you won't be able to.

Hope this helped

Yes, that helped. Thanks, again. I would've tried searching, but without knowing what to search for, I didn't get far.

Unfortunately, I got the iOS 6.1.3 update about ten days ago. I just found out yesterday we might not have added/removable memory with this case if we opt to gamble on Apple approving it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Well that sucks gonna have to wait for 7.0 to release then for jailbreak