+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 6.1.2 help?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
NA
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NA
    Last edited by chumps52; 04-05-2013 at 01:26 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

You cannot restore back to an iOS that Apple is not "signing" anymore, i.e. you cant restore to 6.1.2 no matter if you are currently on that iOS or not.

Currently Apple is signing 6.1.3, and A5+ devices like the iphone 4s and iphone 5 cannot restore back to an iOS that is currently not signed.

If you are worried about them finding out you have a jailbroken device, just use SBSettings and hide the Cydia icon.

The chances of you getting a replacement with 6.1.2 is 50/50 as it depends on how much of the old inventory the Apple store has.

If you can hold on to your phone without replacing it, I would recommend it, otherwise you will be taking a chance.

HOWEVER, if the "genius" was nice enough, he/she may let you exchange the replacement for one that is on iOS 6.1.2, but you have to be really lucky

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    You cannot restore back to an iOS that Apple is not "signing" anymore, i.e. you cant restore to 6.1.2 no matter if you are currently on that iOS or not.

Currently Apple is signing 6.1.3, and A5+ devices like the iphone 4s and iphone 5 cannot restore back to an iOS that is currently not signed.

If you are worried about them finding out you have a jailbroken device, just use SBSettings and hide the Cydia icon.

The chances of you getting a replacement with 6.1.2 is 50/50 as it depends on how much of the old inventory the Apple store has.

If you can hold on to your phone without replacing it, I would recommend it, otherwise you will be taking a chance.

HOWEVER, if the "genius" was nice enough, he/she may let you exchange the replacement for one that is on iOS 6.1.2, but you have to be really lucky
    Ok thanks. I only actually got the phone on the 24th March, so its brand new, and it was on 6.1.2 out of the box so I was lucky then. Maybe all the new ones are on this firmware?

Thanks again

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-05-2013, 04:15 AM