Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.0.1 to 6.1.2, possible?

Default iOS 6.0.1 to 6.1.2, possible?
    Hi. I got factory unlocked iPhone 5 with 6.0.1 firmware. Is it possible to update to 6.1.2, NOT 6.1.3 and JB it?
    I read there are some sort of .ipsw firmware files which you can use in iTunes, but apparently that's no longer the case. Is that true?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

There really aren't many differences between iOS 6.0.1 and 6.0.2, so it's kinda pointless to update. But to answer your question, iOS 6.1.2 is no longer signed by Apple, and the downgrade/upgrade with SHSH blobs doesn't work on A5 devices, so you can't.

Pity Well, I checked the changelogs, and you're right - there's not so many changes. I decided to JB my phone on 6.0.1.

TBH, if not for JB, I wouldn't have bought the iPhone So don't want to have 6.1.3

Thanks!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edrft45 View Post
    Pity Well, I checked the changelogs, and you're right - there's not so many changes. I decided to JB my phone on 6.0.1.

TBH, if not for JB, I wouldn't have bought the iPhone So don't want to have 6.1.3

Thanks!
    Heh yah, jailbreaking really opens up the opportunity to customize and mod your iPhone, which is why I love it. Anyways, glad to hear that you were able to jailbreak your device