Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrading 6.1.3 to 6.1.2, iPhone 5

  1. #1
    Default Downgrading 6.1.3 to 6.1.2, iPhone 5
    So here's the thing, i have a iPhone 5 jailbroken on iOS 6.1.2. for some odd reason, my lock button wont work anymore... i was thinking of upgrading the firmware to iOS 6.1.3 and then taking it in to apple so they can look at it, been reading around, and i did save my SHSH blobs on TinyUmbrella.. Is there really no way to downgrade 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 on an iPhone 5? please let me know. im just preparing for the worse just in case they do replace my phone and its running on 6.1.3.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by KDawg295 View Post
    So here's the thing, i have a iPhone 5 jailbroken on iOS 6.1.2. for some odd reason, my lock button wont work anymore... i was thinking of upgrading the firmware to iOS 6.1.3 and then taking it in to apple so they can look at it, been reading around, and i did save my SHSH blobs on TinyUmbrella.. Is there really no way to downgrade 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 on an iPhone 5? please let me know. im just preparing for the worse just in case they do replace my phone and its running on 6.1.3.

    Thanks.
    No, unfortunately there is no way to downgrade A5+ devices like the iphone 5. You can only go up. You can't go down.

    What you can "try" to do is look for an iphone 5 with 6.1.2 installed. You can try to convince the employees at Apple to give you a phone on iOS 6.1.2.

    There are still new iphone 5's with 6.1.2 installed, but it just depends on the store and its inventory.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Yeah i know, im just preparing for worst case scenario... Thanks for the input.

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    830
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 116 Times in 109 Posts

    The lock button on my iPhone 5 isn't working properly either...
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,006
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 517 Times in 381 Posts

    my battery life is shockingly bad, i'm caught in two minds wether to just upgrade and see if it helps or keep limping it at 6.1.2

  6. #6
    H4CK3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Posts
    5,844
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 268 Times in 256 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    my battery life is shockingly bad, i'm caught in two minds wether to just upgrade and see if it helps or keep limping it at 6.1.2
    From what I've read, battery drain is even worse on iOS 6.1.3, so it may pay off to just stay on 6.1.2.

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,006
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 517 Times in 381 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    From what I've read, battery drain is even worse on iOS 6.1.3, so it may pay off to just stay on 6.1.2.
    I restored from a backup of my ip4, from what i've read this is a major culprit. from 100% at 7am to flat by midday!!

  8. #8
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    It is always best to restore from new just in case ya got a problem with something before and now ya brought it back with ya

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,006
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 517 Times in 381 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    It is always best to restore from new just in case ya got a problem with something before and now ya brought it back with ya
    I've had iphones since the 3g and have never had this problem before, sucks *** the one time it happens I can't just restore.

  10. #10
    If I go to apple tomorrow, do u guys think ill get my iPhone5 replaced with one that still is running on 6.1.2?

  11. #11
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KDawg295 View Post
    If I go to apple tomorrow, do u guys think ill get my iPhone5 replaced with one that still is running on 6.1.2?
    Tell them not to update it. But they may be all at 6.1.3 chance ya gonna have to take.

  12. #12
    Got my fone swapped today. Checked the firmware it's running on iOS 6.0.1 . If I saved my shsh blobs on tinyumbrella, can I update it to 6.1.2?

  13. #13
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Not for an iPhone 5 no. And say you had a phone that could like iPhone 4 the shsh blobs or unique and only used for that phone.

  14. #14
    So I can't upgrade it to 6.1.2 ? Has to be on 6.1.3 right away?

  15. #15
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    That's correct but why not stay where you at now. You can jailbreak that firmware. 6.1.3 can't be on iPhone 5

  16. #16
    Yeah but I can't use my iCloud backup without upgrading

  17. #17
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,954
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    You can use icloud backup at IOS 6.0.1. Though your iphone has 6.0.1, you can't save your 6.0.1 shsh anymore cos apple isn't signing the firmware.

  18. #18
    My backup was last night at 6.1.2 then now it says I can't restore it until I upgrade to 6.1

  19. #19
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,954
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    If I were you, I would jailbreak at 6.0.1, setup as new n sync with iCloud backup.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •