Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Do I have any options?
03-31-2013, 02:57 PM #1
Do I have any options?
I have an iphone 5 on 6.0 (10A405) jailbroken with evasi0n on the uk carrier 3.
Since the jailbreak my 3g isn't working so I was going to restore the phone but the only option is 6.1.3, resulting in no jailbreak.
I have shh blobs on cydia for 6.1.2 but I believe these don't work.
Do I have any options that will let me keep a jailbreak? Thanks.
03-31-2013, 02:59 PM #2
Sorry but no way. Impossible.
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM #3
What's wrong with 3G?
03-31-2013, 03:10 PM #4
I cant get it. wifi's fine but no 3g???
03-31-2013, 06:52 PM #5
Hmm...I wonder if ur radio is having issues or ur service...
03-31-2013, 11:06 PM #6
Can you try your SIM in a friend's phone (that you know works) and their SIM (also one that you know works) in your phone? If your phone is indeed the problem, then you've either been IMEI blocked or your phone has an issue. The first thing I'd have to suggest is restoring to a version of iOS that you have known good blobs for and is jailbreakable. You could possibly extract the SHSH blobs from your phone using iFaith or redsn0w and restore to iOS 5.0 again if all else fails... but you'll have to kick out of recovery mode after the restore.
The other option is taking your phone into Apple (or Three, if they have your warranty) for service, but you'll need to be on the most current version of iOS (6.1.3) to have a chance at getting a replacement phone (also if you're out of warranty it won't be cheap... I'd estimate about one hundred and twenty quid).
04-01-2013, 09:07 AM #7
I'd better not have been IMEI blocked as I pay £37 a month for the privilege!!!
I am still in warranty, thanks, and my daughter has an iphone 5 so will try the sim swap before I bite the bullet and update to the newest version.
Thanks for the idea. Will let you know the outcome!!!
Last edited by vix2000; 04-01-2013 at 09:09 AM.
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM #8
Also keep in mind that the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4 use two different sizes of SIM card...
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM #9
I think he said in op that this is ip5....yeah, if everything legit still under warranty...I'd be getting swap if everything checks out...
U might get lucky n get one with something less than 6.1.3...
Last edited by xboxbml; 04-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM #10
Still worth calling Three and seeing if it's something on their end... but otherwise, yeah, warranty swap seems like it if a restore doesn't do it. If you're quick, you might be able to ask if they've got anything on iOS 6.1.2 for your swapout.
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM #11
04-02-2013, 12:50 PM #12
Thanks all, tried the sim swap and it worked fine in daughters phone, and as all was fine before the jailbreak I have to assume it was that causing the problem.
I did a factory restore and the phone is fine now, but minus the jailbreak so will have to wait again until theres one for 6.1.3.
04-02-2013, 01:04 PM #13
Yeah...was afraid if that...too bad...I'm on 6.1.3 too waiting...may be a long wait....