+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with SHSH blobs

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I am trying to downgrade and jailbreak an iPhone 4 CDMA and I have both iFaith and TinyUmbrella but neither programs are pulling the blobs for some reason. I tried
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help with SHSH blobs
    I am trying to downgrade and jailbreak an iPhone 4 CDMA and I have both iFaith and TinyUmbrella but neither programs are pulling the blobs for some reason. I tried looking up the SHSH blobs for download with no luck. Does anyone know a good solution?

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Ifaith 1.5.6 should do the job. Tiny Umbrella, I don't think so.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok when I use ifaith I'm only getting two SHSH files, is that the right number of SHSH files?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

You use tiny umbrella to download your shsh blobs onto your computer. Use ifaith to stitch your blob to ipsw. From TU, you should know which shsh blob is for your iphone by looking at your ECID.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,055 Times in 4,201 Posts

That means those are the firmwares you can go to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok let me start from the beginning. I received the iPhone 4, after it was just restored to factory settings. It currently has 6.1.3 on it. When I go to use tinyUmbrella I get the same two shsh files as what ifaith gives me and when I click on the log I see error codes saying both that the phone isn't eligible for build and a message saying that the shsh blobs are gone and that I can never get them. So I thought maybe I need a different program? or to find the SHSH blobs online?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Plug your iphone in and run TU, check mark request shsh blob from cydia and click save shsh. Under General you should see your shsh blob. They are stored under your computer name under .shsh folder.
    Run ifaith or Snowbreeze 1.9.13 and browse to these shsh blobs to create a custom ipsw.

If you don't see any blobs or these blobs are not for your iphone then you can't downgrade.
    Last edited by iYeow; 03-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TinyUmbrella does not have the update to do 6.1.3. i have jailbroken apple products in the past just not one that has been restored to factory settings after the newest update "the iOS 6.1.3" meaning there are no other shsh files on the iphone. i would need someone with the same model phone that has uploaded their shsh blobs to download and trick the iphone into a jailbreak. it is mathematically possible.

should i just do the tethered jailbreak and find a way to install the 6.1.2?
    Last edited by EnderSlenderMan; 03-28-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EnderSlenderMan View Post
    TinyUmbrella does not have the update to do 6.1.3. i have jailbroken apple products in the past just not one that has been restored to factory settings after the newest update "the iOS 6.1.3" meaning there are no other shsh files on the iphone. i would need someone with the same model phone that has uploaded their shsh blobs to download and trick the iphone into a jailbreak. it is mathematically possible.

should i just do the tethered jailbreak and find a way to install the 6.1.2?
    So this is the tricky part. SHSH blobs are cryptographically unique for every Apple device. They vary from device to device based on a value called the ECID, a sixteen-digit hexadecimal number. It is only possible to re-use SHSH blobs if there's another iPhone of the same model out there with the exact same ECID number (or you find a bunch of SHA-1 collisions, or you recover Apple's private signing key).

For all intents and purposes, you cannot install iOS 6.1.2 and have an untethered jailbreak for your iPhone 4 if you don't have the iOS 6.1.2 SHSH blobs for the phone saved. There's no way to get them now--you must have saved them prior to a couple of weeks ago (either with TinyUmbrella, redsn0w, or iFaith--if they're only on Cydia and you didn't manually save and upload them yourself, that's probably no good either. There is a fairly widespread error with Cydia-saved SHSH blobs)! If you only have the 6.1.3 SHSH blobs available, then you may as well do the tethered jailbreak on that version of iOS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

now... can anyone walk me through the jailbreak for the one in my situation please?

EVO
    Thanks

now... can anyone walk me through the jailbreak for the one in my situation please?
    So you want to tether jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3, is that correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you know a way possible i would like to hear so i can finally give my gf a phone lol she really needs one if not i must go exploit my android don't want to void a warranty.

EVO
    Thanks

download the evasi0n jailbreak from evasi0n.com

run it with the phone plugged into the computer and wait until it is done

you should see a cydia icon on the homescreen once everything is done

just make sure to follow the instructions on the screen during the jailbreak process

also remember that this is a tethered jailbreak, so if your gf ever reboots her phone, she or you are going to have to run redsn0w to tether boot it so it boots normally again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol is this a joke because it excludes ios 6.1.3

Thanks

Honest mistake.

So, you'll need:

redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for Windows or OS X, available here
    iOS 6.0 (yes I know we're trying to, and will be, working with version 6.1.3).

Start by opening redsn0w (running as an Administrator if using Windows), and selecting Extras -> Select IPSW. Select the iOS 6.0 IPSW file we just downloaded. Go back to Cydia's main screen, and hit the Jailbreak button. From there, follow redsn0w's instructions to enter DFU Mode, and let the device do its thing. Once the nominal jailbreak process is done, however, you'll need to "boot tethered" once in order for Cydia to appear on your device and work properly. To do so, open up redsn0w again, go to Extras -> Just Boot and follow redsn0w's instructions. Please note that if you ever reboot or run out of battery on the phone, you'll need to repeat the "Just Boot" instructions in order for your phone to work again.

EVO
    Thanks

no it was not a joke, I just forgot

Orby will assist you further

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the iphone now says moving applications do i shut it down now for the just boot?

and thank you EVO

Thanks

the iphone now says moving applications do i shut it down now for the just boot?

and thank you EVO
    Let it finish that completely--so when you're looking at the home screen with nothing else going on, then bring it down for the just boot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"missing Keys.plist data for this build" message popped up

i did it again and now it says waiting for reboot
    Last edited by EnderSlenderMan; 03-29-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks

"missing Keys.plist data for this build" message popped up

i did it again and now it says waiting for reboot
    Try making sure redsn0w has the iOS 6.0 IPSW file selected, and then try the Just Boot again.

LinkBacks (?)