+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello all, I have been facing the below error (check inserted image) for quiet a few days. Due to this i am unable to install any apps(since there are no
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Cydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...
    Hello all,

I have been facing the below error (check inserted image) for quiet a few days. Due to this i am unable to install any apps(since there are no apps under any repositories)/add any new repositories. I have tried the below methods but din't get any fix.

"I have tried deleting all the files under /private/var/lib/apt/lists apart from empty partial folder, but not worked."

"In location /etc/apt/sources.list.d I have deleted the line of text that is in reference to the source of experiencing problems with. Saved and replaced the file in phone with the new one. Rebooted the device and checked but not worked"

I would be glad if someone could help me in fix this. Thanks.

For your info I have iFile and MobileTerminal which could be helpful in troubleshooting.

Cydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-cydia-photo.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there any one to help me please

Thanks

I would say you will have to reJB your phone. Do you remember what was the last app or tweak you have installed from Cydia?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't want to lose the data with rejailbreak. The last app which I tried to install was **********.
    Well I guess I have a clue for this errors...The errors which I get belong to repositories like Bigboss, Saurik, Repo666 & Modmyi BUT NOT FOR ZODTTD, though I have five respositories added(check images). When I have tried to know the reason, I found that there was a package file for ZODTTD(8.8MB, check image). The similar package files are not available for rest of the 4 error giving repositories.

Well the question is, are the errors thrown is because of the missing package files?? If so, please assist me in getting those files back. Thanks,
    Cydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-photo-1.pngCydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-photo-2.pngCydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-photo-3.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, could anyone provide me the missing packages from your iphone, so that i can place them & try if it works!!,

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got that problems when I visited to China. It's weird. But when I got back home, I opened Cydia. "Reload"

>>Changes>>Refresh>> And I waited for 5 mins. Everything went well.

I think it will be some server problems. You know... Some of the Cydia's Sources are blocked in some countries.

I have seen some people. They install tweaks (.deb files) manually. Can't directly download from Cydia.
    Follow me on twitter @th31nstar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I have the same sort of problem
    Quote Originally Posted by th31nstar View Post
    I got that problems when I visited to China. It's weird. But when I got back home, I opened Cydia. "Reload"

>>Changes>>Refresh>> And I waited for 5 mins. Everything went well.

I think it will be some server problems. You know... Some of the Cydia's Sources are blocked in some countries.

I have seen some people. They install tweaks (.deb files) manually. Can't directly download from Cydia.
    Well I'm unable to install "modmyi" it wipes out cydia library and fails to load or refresh cydia.......it's doing my nut in help me before I ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try to connect different network or wi-fi. I mean... if you're using at home, just go out to some place with good wifi connection. (eg. cafe)
    Follow me on twitter @th31nstar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there, Im having similar problems, but in my case, I open cydia, and as soon as open, it displays the black screen with errors, here I add the images, can somebody help me? thanksCydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-la-foto-1-1.pngCydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-la-foto-2-1.png

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Git rid of the piracy repos

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This are the repos I have.

I'm very new in this, so all help is very appreciated.

Cydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-la-foto-1-2.pngCydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-la-foto-2-2.pngCydia Errors - Failed to Fetch & Some index files failed to download...-la-foto-3.png

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

All the repos that give you free tweaks instead of paying for them. Git rid of them will be the only way to fix this error. Support ya devs buy ya tweaks b