+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Back to 6.1.2 or restore 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, so Apple stopped signing 6.1.2. I am sure that there are many out there who by accident, or not knowing what is happening, successfully updated to 6.1.3 or had
    Thanks

Default Back to 6.1.2 or restore 6.1.2
    Ok, so Apple stopped signing 6.1.2. I am sure that there are many out there who by accident, or not knowing what is happening, successfully updated to 6.1.3 or had a problem with 6.1.2, that could be solved only with restore (my case ) Of course, untethered JB for 6.1.3 wont happen for obvious reasons. The reason I am posting this is because I have seen many "gurus" explaining how to do it, without even trying it. First of all Redsnow wont do the job. So forget it.
    I decided to use latest Snowbreeze 2.9.13 to restore my i4 to 6.1.2 untethered JB. I have saved SHSH for 6.1.2 on Cydia and of course on my lap top (essential).
    1. Build a custom IPSW 6.1.2 with Snowbreeze, use Ifaith to stitch blobs from your PC
    2. Use Ireb 7 to put your device in PWNED DFU and restore it with SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes.
    3. After restore Evasion JB process will continue, so you can kill iTunes.

You could get errors 1600 to 1604 when trying to restore, but try several times, it just has to work.
    Not to forget, this is only for 3GS, I4 and Ipod 4th gen.
    Hope I can help someone with this

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

PLAYND1RTY (08-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Thanks, good job.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi bbrks,

You've definitely helped me here! Had been failing for 2 days till i found your thread here.
    I managed to restore 6.1.2 (after apple stopped signing) on an iPhone4, using your exact steps above
    I'm happy as a clam now and thank you A LOT!!!

Thanks

Glad I could help

EVO
    Thanks

by "gurus", you mean mods?

I'm surprised you were able to restore your iphone 4 back to iOS 6.1.2 with SHSH blobs.

The only reason how I believe that is possible is if you saved the SHSH blobs directly from Apple's server when it was still signing 6.1.2, and saved them locally on your hard drive.

If you stitched the SHSH blobs that was obtained from Cydia's server, and not directly from Apple's server, then I'm mystified as to how it was successful in the restoration.

In fact, I would suspect something very fishy going on if you were able to restore successful using stitched SHSH blobs obtained from Cydia' server and not from Apple's.

All iOS 6.x.x blobs that were saved from Cydia's server are missing essential "bits" in the APTickets, like the iboot, kernel, and devicetree.

That results in invalid APTickets, which should not have allowed the phone to restore successfully, i.e. it errors out in itunes or the phone restored and went straight into soft DFU mode, in which case one would have to restore to an older iOS firmware (with SHSH blobs and valid APTickets) or update to the latest firmware.

Did you use the latest iFath v1.5.6 to verify if "those" SHSH blobs you used contain "valid" APTickets?
    Last edited by EVO; 03-28-2013 at 02:55 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

bbrks (03-28-2013)

Thanks

Good point you have there. Didn't think much about it, but of course I do remember, what I have done. Actually, I saved my 6.1.2 blobs with Tiny Umbrella on my lap top, but at that time I was still on 6.0.1. Just about when 6.1.2 came out (Cydia was still not saving the blobs for 6.1.2) I used TU to locally save the blobs. Hope that clears the situation. Anyhow I also have few friends from our local iForum, who successfully did it on their 3GSs. However I don't have a clue, how did they save the 6.1.2 blobs. I am going to ask them now, for sure.

What do you think....comments?

Even more, I red about cases, that after unsuccessful Snowbreeze downgrade, some used Redsnow for just boot (with 6.0) and done the tethered JB. Have you noticed that anywhere?

To come back to the beginning of your post. By "gurus" I meant different funny people on the net showing tutorials (even video), how it can be done with Redsnow... and than downgrade to 5.1.1 instead off 6.1.2 and similar. Joke, isn't it
    Last edited by bbrks; 03-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Anyhow I also have few friends from our local iForum, who successfully did it on their 3GSs. However I don't have a clue, how did they save the 6.1.2 blobs. I am going to ask them now, for sure.

What do you think....comments?
    I'm not sure I understand your question?

What are you referring to when you say "how did they"?

They probably saved the blobs locally using TinyUmbrella like you did, and those are the ones that contain valid APTickets.

Even more, I red about cases, that after unsuccessful Snowbreeze downgrade, some used Redsnow for just boot (with 6.0) and done the tethered JB. Have you noticed that anywhere?
    You can tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 using redsn0w, but I do not understand what you mean by sn0wbreeze downgrade.

Downgrade from what iOS to what iOS?

Thanks

No, no, everything fine now, they also had to have right SHSH blobs saved, otherwise it wouldn't work. I am glad we clarified the situation.
    By Snowbreeze downgrade I meant, they wanted to do the downgrade with Snowbreeze, from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 with bad SHSH blobs, so they ended up with soft DFU. After that they did just boot with Redsnow, selecting 6.0 first and now they have tethered JB. I was wondering how was that possible at all, since the SHSH blobs are all wrong, at the first place.

Thanks

I'm running a tethered jailbreak on my 4 on 6.1.3 using redsn0w and saved blobs but for 6.0.1

I'm looking forward to a 6.1.2 restore option on A5 devices.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    I'm running a tethered jailbreak on my 4 on 6.1.3 using redsn0w and saved blobs but for 6.0.1

I'm looking forward to a 6.1.2 restore option on A5 devices.
    We all can hope but it may not happen anytime soon

No, no, everything fine now, they also had to have right SHSH blobs saved, otherwise it wouldn't work. I am glad we clarified the situation.
    By Snowbreeze downgrade I meant, they wanted to do the downgrade with Snowbreeze, from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 with bad SHSH blobs, so they ended up with soft DFU. After that they did just boot with Redsnow, selecting 6.0 first and now they have tethered JB. I was wondering how was that possible at all, since the SHSH blobs are all wrong, at the first place.
    Did you verify with them if their phone was actually on 6.1.2 or 6.1.3?
    Last edited by EVO; 03-29-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks

Yup, the first one was on 6.1.3 and restored it to 6.1.2 on 3GS (now he has tethered JB), second one, same as me, restore 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 on i4, and yes he also saved SHSH on time.
    Last edited by bbrks; 03-29-2013 at 09:54 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

Hmm, that is quite interesting.

I haven't heard of that.

I'll try it out later on my 3Gs and 4 and see for myself

Thanks

Well, it looked strange to me too, but I guess he has no reason to fake it, since that 3GS is his very precious
    Last edited by bbrks; 03-29-2013 at 02:12 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Oh I dont doubt you or him, I just want to see how that can come about

Thanks

Great, I can hardly wait to hear what happened. Sadly we are completely different time zones so not before tomorrow.
    Last edited by bbrks; 03-31-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks

BTW EVO, there is one thing I don't know. Are all SHSH blobs for 6.x.x corrupted, or just for 6.1.2?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,173 Times in 6,967 Posts

BTW EVO, there is one thing I don't know. Are all SHSH blobs for 6.x.x corrupted, or just for 6.1.2?
    If they are from cydia it looks like all 6.X

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bbrks (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Yup, thought so too, but what I don't understand, there is no single word of Saurik explaining or informing JB community about what happened and if possible, solution of the problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 on 4.3.3. I want to update to 6.1.2 but I'm getting itunes error 3194. How do I get blobs for 6.1.2? I have the blobs for 5.1.1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,173 Times in 6,967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhy2143 View Post
    Hi, I have an iPhone 4 on 4.3.3. I want to update to 6.1.2 but I'm getting itunes error 3194. How do I get blobs for 6.1.2? I have the blobs for 5.1.1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You would have had to have saved them when 6.1.2 was the latest firmware available.