Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFaith submitting wrong SHSH Blobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iFaith submitting wrong SHSH Blobs
    First time to use iFaith.

I am running 3Gs on AT&T currently on 4.2.1.(Jailbreaked). I am wanting to update to 6.0.1 which I show to have SHSH Blobs saved in Cydia.

According to Tiny Umbrella I have it saved.

But when I run iFaith it only shows I have 6.1.3 and 4.1.

While going thru the DFU process I get a message from, iFaith saying iFaith Doesn't Dump Unknown Blobs, something like that. Then the phone won't continue the DFU process and stays black. I used Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of recovery.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Last edited by Jeffwo; 03-21-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,646 Posts

First thing you need to do is to check with tiny Umbrella if you have 6.0.1 blob. If you have it ( look under General of TU ) then you can proceed to restore to 6.0.1.
    Restoring to stock firmware of 6.0.1 when apple no longer signs will give you a black screen.
    Now you need to get out of black screen, try restoring to latest firmware which is 6.1.3 to see if you can get it up or you may need to remove the battery to reset your iphone.

You should be restoring to custom firmware of 6.0.1 if you have the required blob.

Use Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 to stitch your blob
    Last edited by iYeow; 03-22-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwo View Post
    First time to use iFaith.

I am running 3Gs on AT&T currently on 4.2.1.(Jailbreaked). I am wanting to update to 6.0.1 which I show to have SHSH Blobs saved in Cydia.

According to Tiny Umbrella I have it saved.

But when I run iFaith it only shows I have 6.1.3 and 4.1.

While going thru the DFU process I get a message from, iFaith saying iFaith Doesn't Dump Unknown Blobs, something like that. Then the phone won't continue the DFU process and stays black. I used Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of recovery.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Run as administrator.
    #pie.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    First thing you need to do is to check with tiny Umbrella if you have 6.0.1 blob. If you have it ( look under General of TU ) then you can proceed to restore to 6.0.1.
    Restoring to stock firmware of 6.0.1 when apple no longer signs will give you a black screen.
    Now you need to get out of black screen, try restoring to latest firmware which is 6.1.3 to see if you can get it up or you may need to remove the battery to reset your iphone.

You should be restoring to custom firmware of 6.0.1 if you have the required blob.

Use Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 to stitch your blob
    Sorry, just maybe I got it all wrong, but, Redsnow 15b3 would recognize max 6.0, so I guess no chance of making custom 6.0.1, if that is the plan, or???
    The only tool which can allow that, at the moment, is latest Snowbreeze.

Thanks

^^^ , true. I haven't been using redsn0w for awhile.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

If you only have 6.X shsh via Cydia you may have an issue with them. Seems only shsh obtained directly from apple or from the device itself are good for stitching and restoring to 6.X firmware. The shsh in Cydia are missing some things which after a stitched firmware restore leaves you in "soft DFU" (as redsnow calls it).
    If you have an old bootrom 3GS you can get to any 6.X firmware without the need for shsh using snowbreeze.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jeffwo's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty sure I have new bootrom.

Can I try Snowbreeze and if it fails can I recover from it?

Quote Originally Posted by ih8sn0w View Post
    Run as administrator.
    I feel kinda foolish here but I don't know what to do to run as administrator. I am using Google Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffwo View Post
    Pretty sure I have new bootrom.

Can I try Snowbreeze and if it fails can I recover from it?

I feel kinda foolish here but I don't know what to do to run as administrator. I am using Google Chrome.

What iOS are you running right now?

And just browse to your downloads folder, right click the exe and select "Run As Administrator."

Thanks

Snowbreeze 2.9.13 should be able to restore your iphone to 6.0.1 with saved blob.
    Last edited by iYeow; 03-26-2013 at 02:39 AM.