+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating from a jailbroken 5.1.1 to jailbroken 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by Firecop2653 I got 5.1.1 restored and jailbroken with absinthe. I am done with jailbreaking for a while (unless there is surefire way with no errors . This
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firecop2653 View Post
    I got 5.1.1 restored and jailbroken with absinthe. I am done with jailbreaking for a while (unless there is surefire way with no errors . This stressed me out not having a phone for 24 hours. I greatly appreciated your help, you have no idea how you saved me from getting rid of this phone and just starting from scratch. But please keep in touch with me in regards to this.
    Glad to hear you got it up and running. Will keep an eye on this situation for sure and update you if there is a safe resolution to get to 6.X and jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Alright, time for me to give it a shot.
    Alright, time for me to give it a shot!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nuyakeno View Post
    Alright, time for me to give it a shot!
    As long as you have at least one 4.X shsh you should be able to do the same thing firecop did and get back to 5.1.1 jailbroken until a safe and reliable fix is found for stitching on 6.X.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually do not have a 4.x, only a 5.1.1, and a 5.1.1b

Thanks

Damn, ok, we still may be able to get this to work. Try making a custom stitched 5.1.1 firmware with redsnow. Then enter pwned DFU with redsnow. Then restore to that 5.1.1 stitched firmware in itunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, but may I ask you to elaborate on creating a custom stitched firmware,

I'm at SHSH blobs > Stitch

It's asking for an Ipsw file, do I look for my old 5.1.1 ipsw, or do I download a new stock firmware?

Thanks

Sorry, but may I ask you to elaborate on creating a custom stitched firmware,

I'm at SHSH blobs > Stitch

It's asking for an Ipsw file, do I look for my old 5.1.1 ipsw, or do I download a new stock firmware?
    If your old one is a stock one you can point it to that. If not download it new.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-21-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,119 Times in 6,256 Posts

Damn, I'm worn out just reading this!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (03-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright I created a stitch a stock 5.1.1 to a remote shsh blob that I had retrieved through tiny umbrella yesterday.

To recap: my phone is still in (soft dfu) mode, no back light. It's off and won't respond to the 'kick out of DFU, power + home pressing method'

I will attempt to throw in pwned DFU mode, but it says "Prepare to enter pwned dfu mode" with the instructions, no way for me to click next since it is greyed out.

Thanks

Alright I created a stitch a stock 5.1.1 to a remote shsh blob that I had retrieved through tiny umbrella yesterday.

To recap: my phone is still in (soft dfu) mode, no back light. It's off and won't respond to the 'kick out of DFU, power + home pressing method'

I will attempt to throw in pwned DFU mode, but it says "Prepare to enter pwned dfu mode" with the instructions, no way for me to click next since it is greyed out.
    You need to put it in regular dfu like I told firecore. Do that by holding home and power together for 10 seconds, then let go of power and hold home for 10 more seconds. At this point redsnow should skip automatically to the next screen and put it in pwned dfu for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Took me a couple of tries to get into pwned DFU correctly, but I got in.
    Tried restoring to 5.1.1 custom
    Oop. Error 3194 iphone could not be restored.

Shall I try a recovery fix?
    Last edited by nuyakeno; 03-21-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks

I was afraid of that. That's what I was getting earlier. Only way I found around it was to go to 4.X firmware first then restore to 5.1.1 using redsnows restore option.
    You always have the option of going to 6.1.3 until ih8snow figures out the ifaith issue. At least you will have a working phone then.
    I do have one more idea to get to 5.1.1 but not sure if it will work. It involves going into pwned dfu again. This time use snow breeze expert mode to make a custom 5.1.1. Use ireb at end to enter pwned dfu. Now here is the curve ball. Run tiny umbrella and run the TSS server. Then restore to the custom snow breeze 5.1.1 firmware in iTunes. This should work and leave you in a similar dfu mode after the restore. But this time you will be on 5.1.1 in this dfu mode. Close tiny umbrella at this point. Then fire up redsnow. Go to extras, even more and click restore option. Choose regular 5.1.1 firmware with redsnow and choose not to update baseband. Then enter pwned dfu again same way I told you before to get redsnow to jump to next window.
    Let me know how that goes if you try it.

I really wish I had a iPhone 4 I could try all this on. I would be able to help you a lot easier if I did instead of trying to explain all these things without being able to try myself. Oh well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I will have to take my chances and try to take 6.1.3. and just run away with it while I wait for a future jailbreak. What is the method to go to 6.1.3. Will I have to thrust my phone into pwned DFU or regular DFU, then restore via itunes?

It's alrightt, the world of jailbreaking is an unknown realm of dangers.
    Last edited by nuyakeno; 03-21-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks

Just regular dfu is fine. Plug it in do the 10 seconds both buttons, then 10 just home button and that should put you back in normal dfu to restore to 6.1.3 in iTunes.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

nuyakeno (03-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright, I'm finally seeing some light coming from my phone. I don't want to speak too soon though.

[EDIT] I have survived the craziest 24 phone-less hours. Satisfied with a phone, albeit not that thrilled about losing jailbreak capabilities. However, I am satisfied.

Thanks a lot for savin my *** from them Apple technicians.
    Last edited by nuyakeno; 03-21-2013 at 09:51 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Wow Simon your a beast dude. Kinda scared to help anyone after seeing all this with upgrading or downgrading.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Simon (03-22-2013)

Thanks

Alright, I'm finally seeing some light coming from my phone. I don't want to speak too soon though.

[EDIT] I have survived the craziest 24 phone-less hours. Satisfied with a phone, albeit not that thrilled about losing jailbreak capabilities. However, I am satisfied.

Thanks a lot for savin my *** from them Apple technicians.
    No prob, sorry we couldnt get it working on a jailbreakable 6.X. Hopefully a solution to this soft dfu thing can be found soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Wow Simon your a beast dude. Kinda scared to help anyone after seeing all this with upgrading or downgrading.
    lol, ya. Quite a ride in this thread.

Update from ih8snow on this: https://twitter.com/iH8sn0w/status/315026403164827648

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello!

thanks for this topic.. i have been going through all of it without luck.

i tried to install 4.1: no luck error in itunes. (error 27)
    tried to install 5.1.1: no luck error in ituens. (dont remember what error)
    tried to install 6.0.1: worked but didnt boot. after booting with redsnow it booted but after turning it off it was stuck in soft dfu again. also no carrier connection.
    tried to isntall 6.0.1 and jailbroke with redsnow: same as above. worked but cant reboot and doesnt have any carrier connection.
    6.1.2: installs fine but stuck in soft dfu and cant reboot. also not able to leave dfu mode.
    tried to update to 6.1.3: no luck. any random error ranging from 1600 to 1604. tried to change usb port but no luck.

i am without phone and would like to get to any state where i can download my mails and make a call. i am on a iphone 3GS new bootrom.

i have the shsh for:

CYDIA:
    4.2.1r1

IFAITH:

what can i do? why am i constatnly stuck to soft dfu mode even with older IOS versions?

thanks
    Last edited by sharkyenergy; 03-23-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks

You can follow the instructions I gave firecore to get back to 5.1.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for your reply! i already tried, but it didnt work. so maybe i got something wrong. so here is your post again with a few questions i have to be sure to make it right:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, here's what you can do to get back to 5.1.1 and jailbroken:

Open tiny umbrella and save all those shsh locally if you haven't yet. ----- OK
    Run the TSS server --------OK
    Open itunes and shift restore to 4.2.8 or 4.2.10, doesn't matter which. ----- SHOULD I TAKE THE STICHED IPWS OR THE ORIGINAL? I AM GETTING ERROR 27 HERE...
    You will get error 1 or 1015 near end of restore, this is normal. --- GOT 27 INSTEAD....
    Use redsnow and choose fix recovery
    Once it boots up use redsnow again, this time go to extras>even more>restore. Choose the 5.1.1 firmware for your device. Choose not to update the baseband when given the choice.
    Redsnow should put you back to 5.1.1. From there you can activate and use either redsnow or absinthe to jailbreak again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

the rest is still unknown sinche it didnt work in the firstplace..

thank you!