+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is the best iOS to use for an iPhone 4?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
What is the current best iOS version for performance/features for the iPhone 4? Will this version work better than others for programs like Emulators etc? Please discuss. Thanks!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What is the best iOS to use for an iPhone 4?
    What is the current best iOS version for performance/features for the iPhone 4? Will this version work better than others for programs like Emulators etc? Please discuss. Thanks!

Thanks

Frankly, only one choice you have there, 6.1.2. You are lucky, since you have i4, provided, of course, that you saved SHSH for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm still on iOS 5.0.1 and already have Cydia... but this is a general question. Even the earliest iOS is a plausible answer. This is a question for if someone is sitting on a phone that was never updated since the initial release. Really, go nuts with plausibility.

Hah, why the hell would I update without knowing the next version is truly better. It happens all too frequently that the next update is just bloated crap that weights down your phone. But if people really don't know, I can settle for someone telling me to stick with 5.0.1. Also someone telling me that the iphone 4s or 5 are cheap enough to pick up and put emulators on is acceptable, but really i doubt that is the case and i would expect links or a cheap sales pitch to come with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have shsh blobs for 5.1.1,i would go to that.Ive found 6.1.2 is not all that goid on a 4,very laggy and bloated,ill be restoring today from 6.1.2 back to 5.1.1 on my iphone 4
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Thanks

only one add on, feel free to stay on 5.0.1, but bear in mind, all apps, Cydia tweaks and similar are constantly updated to match newest IOS's, so most probably, very soon they will stop working on older ones. This is not any more the matter of which one is better, it just needs to be done......

EDIT. Well, I have completely different experience. I find 6.1.2 better than 5.1.1, but, of course, it's just me. In any case, I do agree, 5.1.1 is still one of the best
    Last edited by bbrks; 03-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Wonder if the plist hacks still work,where you can change the minimum ios you need can be changed to what ios you want to run?
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard