+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Paranoid 3GS user looking to restore to custom firmware.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I've been holding off upgrading my jailbroken 3GS for a while now (vers. 4.1). There are a couple of reasons for this, but it's mostly because I don't want to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Paranoid 3GS user looking to restore to custom firmware.
    I've been holding off upgrading my jailbroken 3GS for a while now (vers. 4.1). There are a couple of reasons for this, but it's mostly because I don't want to do something that would mess it up. The phone is currently unlocked, and I'm with Fido, which is otherwise unsupported on this particular phone. From what I've looked into, this means that if I want to be able to actually use it, I'll have to preserve the baseband. As well, to upgrade to anything that isn't the newest version that Apple has (I'm looking to get 5.0.1) I'll need the SHSH blobs to stitch to the firmware. I chose that firmware because it's the only one besides 6 that I have SHSH blobs for.

Anyways, I was hoping if anybody had the time they'd be willing to quickly walk me through what I need to do with all this stuff. If I have successfully created a version of the 5.0.1 firmware with the baseband preserved, is this what I stitch the SHSH blobs to? Also, does the act of preserving the baseband also turn it into a jailbroken firmware at the same time?

Thanks, I appreciate any and all help.

note: I'm pretty sure I have an older bootrom (Model number starts MB).

EVO
    Thanks

I apologize for the response delay.

Do you still require assistance?