Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S 5.0.1 BB 1.0.13 - Cannot Restore to 5.0.1, Upgrade to 5.1.1, nor 6.1.2

Default iPhone 4S 5.0.1 BB 1.0.13 - Cannot Restore to 5.0.1, Upgrade to 5.1.1, nor 6.1.2
    I wanted to upgrade my 5.0.1 to 5.1.1.

I've had the phone, since it had iOs 4.x.x, upgraded to 5.0.1 then jailbroke.

Using RedSn0w 9.15b3, I can verify my blocks (Saved locally on desktop)
    Verify 5.0.1 (9A405): All 19 blobs verified for ECID****, APTicket is present and valid
    Verify 5.1.1: All 19 blobs verified for ECID****, APTicket is present and valid

Using Query Blobs via Cydia:
    Remote blobs: 6.1.2, 6.1, 6.0.1, 5.1.1, 5.0.1

When I attempt to use RedSn0w to restore using 5.1.1, I also have to include the FW 5.0.1, which I also have, it boots the phone in Recovery mode. Warning pops up about upgrading BB, I click Yes to continue.

I then get the message "It seems the APTicket flashed on the device cannot be re-used for this hack .... "

I've tried various other methods using itunes and TinyUmbrella/editing Hosts file.

Using the latest version of iTunes (as of today), I attempted to download and upgrade to 6.1.2. I also get errors that doesn't let apple even upgrade to the latest version of iOS6.

Any suggestions/tips would be great! Spent most of my afternoon/evening trying to work this out.
    iPhone 4S iOS5.0.1 BB1.0.13 - Corona Tether JB

Thanks

So for the 5.x firmwares: it sounds like your phone was either upgraded (instead of restored) to your current installation of iOS, or you received it with that firmware from the Apple factory... both of which mean that even with saved SHSH blobs, you cannot restore to any iteration of iOS other than the most current one still signed by Apple.

As for the 6.1.2 error, the first thing that pops into mind is: do you have an edited /hosts file with an entry for "gs.apple.com"? If so, comment out or remove that entry, so you're communicating directly with Apple's servers and try to perform a DFU restore to iOS 6.1.2 with iTunes. If you still get an error message, please let us know the exact error text and any error numbers that appear. Good luck!