Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!!! Iphone stuck in boot loop!!!

Unhappy Help!!!!! Iphone stuck in boot loop!!!
    Hi. I recently installed a mod on my Jailbroken iphone 4, called Meteor Siriport from cydia. It said to restart the springboard, and when i did i noticed all of the apps i downloaded had vanished. The jailbreak shortcuts and default iphone apps were still there. And when i went to redownload them from the appstore, it still thought i had them since it said "open" instead of "install". So i restarted my iphone, and this is when the real problem started.

I noticed the phone was taking longer to boot than normal, but thought nothing of it. but after many minutes of waiting i diagnosed the error as a "boot loop". Uh-oh. Now i cannot access my iphone. And i am EXTREMELY scared to put it into recovery mode so i can restore, because this is why i have my second phone because last time when i was trying to restore from a jailbreak, it got stuck in recovery mode, and i had to get a new one, (which i idiotically jailbroke again).\

PLEASE HELP!!! HOW DO I GET MY PHONE BACK?!?!?!?!?

PS: i dont mind if the solution is to completely restore or remove my jailbreak... as long as i can use my phone.

hi there if you are on evader jailbreak with firmware 6.0 and higher then i think its possible to start the device in safe mode by turning on and holding volume up button at the same time then you should be able to use cydia to uninstall the said tweak and all going well your device should be as it once was i hope im right in saying that if not then it will be a clean restore for that you should simply down load the ipsw firmware you were on and do a shift and restore with itunes but do a backup first so you can restore from backup rather then starting as a new device hope this will help you

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyewrx View Post
    hi there if you are on evader jailbreak with firmware 6.0 and higher then i think its possible to start the device in safe mode by turning on and holding volume up button at the same time then you should be able to use cydia to uninstall the said tweak and all going well your device should be as it once was i hope im right in saying that if not then it will be a clean restore for that you should simply down load the ipsw firmware you were on and do a shift and restore with itunes but do a backup first so you can restore from backup rather then starting as a new device hope this will help you
    Thanks but im already planning to buy a new one. Im just trying to restore now.. ill keep you posted.

Thanks again

error error.txt

dont know why it didnt work... it was error: "The Iphone, "Iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)"

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyewrx View Post
    Also, i tried safemode. it didnt respond to it. it just proceeded to turn off and on, and dim and light. It sucks
    Last edited by JustinNovo; 03-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Try using iREB-r6. It has a Recovery mode loop fixer. Then try to restore again.