+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 5 - Upgrading to 6.1.2 - Now have numerous issues. Help Please.

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an AT&T iPhone 5.. I was running 6.1.1 when I did the evasi0n jailbreak.. Everything went great.. Installed some Cydia apps and life was good.. Then 6.1.2 came
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken iPhone 5 - Upgrading to 6.1.2 - Now have numerous issues. Help Please.
    I have an AT&T iPhone 5.. I was running 6.1.1 when I did the evasi0n jailbreak.. Everything went great.. Installed some Cydia apps and life was good..

Then 6.1.2 came out.. I connect to my PC and iTunes and update.. That's when it got fubared and I had to restore from backup and re-jailbreak.. That all seemed to work fine too.. Except now, some Cydia apps will not work..

A few examples:

NoNewsIsGoodNews is installed but my Newstand icon is still there.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't help.. Another example.. SMS Timestamps.. Installed but not working.. Uninstall / reinstall does not fix.. I've tried running icleaner and then uninstalling / reinstalling apps and that didn't help..

I can restore to factory and rejailbreak but really don't' want to lose all my sms history etc..

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No one has any ideas?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,333 Times in 5,978 Posts

Sounds like you might need to do a true DFU restore then setup as new. Do not restore from a backup. Load it clean.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Sounds like you might need to do a true DFU restore then setup as new. Do not restore from a backup. Load it clean.
    I've done that and it was fine, however, I realized I lose all my SMS history, call history, game saves, etc.. Is there anyway to get that stuff backed up?

Thanks

Shouldn't ever do regular update on JB phone...always DFU mode restore...

U can then restore from a backup if u want..this will get ur SMS n App Store game data back....I never do this cuz it's not important to me, n u get less problems setting up as new and not from backup...but that's me...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 03-09-2013 at 07:02 AM.