+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with Restoring from backup

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have no clue where to post this, and I really want to get it resolved. If it's in the wrong section, then could a mod please move it. Okay
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help with Restoring from backup
    I have no clue where to post this, and I really want to get it resolved. If it's in the wrong section, then could a mod please move it.

Okay so I have an iPhone 4S and i was on 6.0.1 and decided to jailbreak it with evasi0n when it was first released. I backed up my phone through iTunes before jailbreaking. After that I decided to update to 6.1 so I backed up the data again on a different computer this time. I updated, then when i try to Restore my backup made through iTunes and it starts restoring and right when it's about to finish it says:
    "iTunes could not restore this iPhone because an error occurred." (no error code)
    And I've tried to restore it through both computers I backed it up on.

I also tried the things such as
    - Updating my iTunes
    - Rebooting the computer/iPhone
    - Changing USB cables

I would really appreciate help! Thanks
    (im on Windows 7 if it matters)

I've tried to google a solution and cannot find any.
    Last edited by Forget; 02-26-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Before restoring iPhone you should either sync with iTunes or backup to iCloud which is the easiest way. Once restored you can sync back your data with iClouds.

Use restore instead of update button when restoring your iPhone. You should put iPhone into dfu mode when restoring your iPhone to the latest.
    Last edited by iYeow; 02-27-2013 at 03:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Before restoring iPhone you should either sync with iTunes or backup to iCloud which is the easiest way. Once restored you can sync back your data with iClouds.

Use restore instead of update button when restoring your iPhone. You should put iPhone into dfu mode when restoring your iPhone to the latest.
    The only problem i'm getting is when it's trying to restore MY backup. the updating part or w/e is fine. thanks for the help though man