Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Am I Lost Forever?

Unhappy Am I Lost Forever?
    help! i am stupid and i updated my iphone 4s that is locked to Rogers to 6.1.2, i have two gevey sims, one i had working with 5.1.1 i was using and one that claims to work with 6.1.1. I didnt make any back ups or anything! I had cydia before the update. Now i am being asked to activate my phone but i cant because im not with rogers, and gevey doesnt work. Should i jjust move to rogers although thats a huge pain? or is there another way to either restore 5.1.1, or get 6.1.2 to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do an imei unlock. search for it on ebay if you want it cheap, if not there's a mod on the forum that does it for $15

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

You can get an unused sim to activate if Gevey sim still works with latest firmware or you can sign up with Rogers n then request Imei unlock n pay 50. Then you can cancel n go with other carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    do an imei unlock. search for it on ebay if you want it cheap, if not there's a mod on the forum that does it for $15
    Ebay has only prices like $150, what's this mod you speak of?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

All he does i think is AT&T
    http://ideviceguys.com/unlocks/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amrr View Post
    Ebay has only prices like $150, what's this mod you speak of?
    Given you have Rogers, you don't have much of an option. You will either need to pay the fee from other sites, or call Rogers but I don't think they will unllock it if you're not a Rogers customer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can you just borrow someone who has roger's sim card? (or buy one from ebay?) if activation is the only problem then that should work. if the gevey sim doesn't get any signal, then you need to do an imei unlock

edit:
    i looked up the prices, an imei unlock for rogers is very expensive! not sure why... i would get a hold of a roger's sim card (these are cheap) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40, then you should be able to activate it. and see if your gevey gives you a signal. if it does you're good, if not; i think you'll have to pay $150 for the unlock, switch to rogers, or get a new iphone thats already unlocked
    Last edited by thunderwolf333; 02-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.