At the advice of a friend, I installed "Mac OS X HD Icons" this morning in hopes of replacing the icons on the SB that I hate. Little did I know that he hasn't done the jailbreak yet so he didn't know they would crash the SB!

Well. Here I am. It took me 8 hours to finally get here with this phone and now, because of this one thing, which I supposedly removed via Cydia, BTW, now my phone won't stay up outside safe mode.

Crash Reporter doesn't tell me anything. No suspects.

Anybody got any ideas? Cydia installed about 5 updates this morning too but I don't remember what they were.

JB'ing is getting where it just isn't worth the PITA anymore. I guess Apple's counting on that. I've been doing it since v.1 and keeping it all running is really hitting the point of diminishing returns.

Anybody know any way to get this thing running again short of a complete restore and putting all my Cydia apps back in by hand again? I'm just not sure I'm going to do it again. I'm keeping up 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and an iPad Mini and I spent my entire weekend just getting everything back up and running.

Help!