Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Memory Problem

Default Memory Problem
    Ever since I jail broke my phone with evad3rs, the memory on my phone keep going down for no particular reason. But when I respring my device, it goes back up. But then soon after it starts to go down again.

I am experiencing the same issue with my iphone 4.

Thanks

When your memory goes down is it causing a problem or is it just one of those OCD things?

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    When your memory goes down is it causing a problem or is it just one of those OCD things?
    Apps that keeps on crashing and eventually rebooting my phone. So, kinda serious.

Starting a proces causes the memory to fill up. When closed the memory should become inactive/free. But it goed wrong somewhere in the process. It keeps clogging up until the iphone decides to force close the app or just reboot the whole OS.

But nobody else is experiencing this problem? I don't have a lot of tweaks installed. SBsettings and Auxo. Worked just fine on iOS 5...My iphone 4 is functioning like my old run down Iphone 3g on iOS4.

My iphone 5 on 6.1 had over 2gb of memory before using Evasi0n. After the JB I added Auxo, AirBlue Sharing and iBlacklist. That's it. My available memory now is 250mb! How do I get it back?

Also, when I go to iTunes, I no longer see my apps in folders. How do I fix that?

Memory (RAM), or storage?
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Ram I'm sure they talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Memory (RAM), or storage?
    I'm actually talking storage space. My "other" is now 3gb! It was less than a gig before.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevehookem View Post
    My iphone 5 on 6.1 had over 2gb of memory before using Evasi0n. After the JB I added Auxo, AirBlue Sharing and iBlacklist. That's it. My available memory now is 250mb! How do I get it back?

Also, when I go to iTunes, I no longer see my apps in folders. How do I fix that?
    iPhone 5 only have 1gb of ram. Not possible to have 2. Try uninstalling one app at a time to see which one uses the most memory and if you don't need it leave it off. I had yourtube 2 installed and it took over 50 mb of memory and I didn't need it so I removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehookem View Post
    I'm actually talking storage space. My "other" is now 3gb! It was less than a gig before.
    That's the result of a "bad" jailbreak. If you want the space back, shift-restore (ie, restore to a firmware you've previously downloaded) and SET UP AS A NEW PHONE. You'll get the space back, and you can then re-jailbreak.
    Quaerite et invenietis.