+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n JB App Installation Bug iPhone 5 iOS 6.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I freshly jailbroke my iPhone 5 with evasi0n and now whenever I download an app from the app store it downloads fine, but if I delete it and hit
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dieburnbot's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Evasi0n JB App Installation Bug iPhone 5 iOS 6.1
    Hello, I freshly jailbroke my iPhone 5 with evasi0n and now whenever I download an app from the app store it downloads fine, but if I delete it and hit respring it comes back. However, the app isn't installed it just sits there faded out with the waiting bar like it is trying to install.

If I tap on the waiting icon it disappears and all is good until I reboot or respring again. Anyone know what is going on?

I already did a restore and the problem still occurs. The tweaks I have installed from Cydia are as follows:

BiteSMS, Bridge, Zephyr, SBSettings, iFile, Infinifolders, weekillbackground pro, and 3g unrestrictor. All of the apps were listed to be iOS 6.1 compatible so I'm not sure what is going on.

I have gone into SBSettings and disabled mobile substrate addons as well and it still didn't fix anything.

Sigh...please help.

Thanks

Well I spent about 2.5 hours trying to figure this out and I think I have figured it out.

I'm pretty sure the culprit is Bridge. It says in Cydia the app is compatible with iOS 6, but I think there is something wrong with it. I disabled everything and just had it running (it runs a dylib called import) and the error happened. Uninstalled it and everything is good. My think messenger app stopped crashing too.

I think the way the import dylib from bridge hooks into mobile substrate breaks something.

Be aware if you are going to install Bridge. I would wait for an update. I was using version 1.1. I emailed the developer hopefully he can fix it because it's such an excellent app.
    Last edited by dieburnbot; 02-07-2013 at 06:04 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dieburnbot For This Useful Post:

rororo1989 (02-10-2013), stu_miller (02-08-2013)

Thanks

Just wondering what the heck is BRIDGE??

A cydia app? or what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dklein View Post
    Just wondering what the heck is BRIDGE??

A cydia app? or what?
    Hi yes it's a Cydia app that let's you import music and videos into your iTunes library right on your phone without having to use your computer. It doesn't support sync with iTunes right now except for podcasts, but its great nonetheless.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much! I have had the same problem for the last few days and couldn't figure it out... quick tip, though... after you uninstall Bridge, you have to reboot (not just respring) to fix the issue

Thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This worked for me too. Great work! Thanks Guys...