+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n Won't Reboot?!

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys. So yesterday I did the new Evasi0n jailbreak on my iPhone 4s. Very simple and easy jailbreak, I loved it! So, I went into Cydia and got Winterboard
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Evasi0n Won't Reboot?!
    Hey guys. So yesterday I did the new Evasi0n jailbreak on my iPhone 4s. Very simple and easy jailbreak, I loved it! So, I went into Cydia and got Winterboard to download and then clicked "reboot device." Since this is an untethered jailbreak, nothing should have gone wrong, right? Wrong. My iDevice wouldn't boot up and it was just stuck at the apple loading screen. So I had to restore my iPhone. Did the jailbreak again and the same problem! Did the whole thing AGAIN, same damn problem after three times!

Can anyone help me with this?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

What firmware ya phone on?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

Are you restoring from a backup?

2k1
    Thanks

That's what it's sounding like could be the problem. Did ya try a hard reboot and see if it will start ya phone back up

Thanks

^yup, a fresh restore and jailbreak and I believe he'll be good to go.
    I think our guide as well as the one on iClarified telling people to "Backup" before updating is causing some to have issues. You know as well as I that using a backup from a jailbroken device to restore too typically always causes issues.

2k1
    Thanks

Yep very true. Always set up as new

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

having the same problem here, had to hold the home and power button to reset iphone like twice then it came on, but for some reason whenever i reboot it does the same thing

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have a 4S on 6.1 At&T and I am having the same issue i restored 3 times and tried different things but every time the phone reboots it gets stuck at the apple logo....i can get the phone to boot up rather quick by holding the volume up button so it disables mobile substrate but then when i shut it off again to try and reboot it gets stuck again....

i get it to boot up after holding the home and power buttons a few times but it doesn't always work

I always Set Up as New....I never restore from a back up since i started jailbreaking..

Hopefully an update comes out to address this but until then lets just hope my phone doesn't reboot itself
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 4S with AT&T and set up my device as new and then performed a restore of the latest backup. I actually did this twice because I was checking whether it was my process that was causing minor problems with some themes. It wasn't.

Anyway, I've experienced what you're describing - stuck at the Apple logo after rebooting. I've always been able to get it to properly reboot with a hard reboot (power + home). I'm not sure if it helped that my iPhone wasn't plugged into my Mac at the time as it automatically rebooted and got stuck again...or if that was just because I didn't wait long enough or a coincidence.

Either way, I was playing some Pixel People on my iPad at the same time so that may have jaded my perception of time, as it probably just ended up taking a bit longer for the Apple logo to flash brighter and then successfully load. I imagine it took a few minutes longer but not more than 3-4, I'd gather. It also seems that once it's loaded up successfully and my Cydia installs were done in smaller sets and/or didn't require reboots, it's been ok with normal & successful reboots.

UPDATE: just found this article detailing both the Weather app as well as the long boot sequence people are experiencing: http://www.ibtimes.com/evasi0n-untet...iphone-1064986
    Last edited by Lazworks; 02-06-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks

As posted above, setting up the phone as new, then syncing all contacts, music etc. is the safest way, using a backup of your phone sure makes things easier, but also causes so many issues.