Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I messed up new JB (trying to copy old SMS messages). Is a full restore my only option?

Default I messed up new JB (trying to copy old SMS messages). Is a full restore my only option?
    I Jailbroke my iPhone 5 with the new evasi0n jailbreak and everything went smooth. I set the phone up as new and went through the long process of re-installing everything and got all my old settings on the new phone. Set up my email account, etc....

The last piece was trying to get my old SMS text messages on my new phone. This is where I screwed up. I copied the old SMS folder from my iPhone 4S and copied it to my iPhone 5 (via SSH, without backing up my iPhone 5 SMS folder in case it didn't work). Well, it didn't work. I can't send or receive text messages from my iPhone 5 now. Since I didn't save the iPhone 5 SMS folder, I can go back.

Any ideas to solve this without a full restore? I'd hate to go through re-installing everything and messing with all my settings, emails account unless I have no choice.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Fish_1; 02-05-2013 at 03:11 PM.