Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beat the system- and getting iOS6 tweaks from Cydia now before JB release

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Thanks, Simon. I knew it was something simple. That worked! Can I re-jailbreak from right in redsn0w? Or do I need to go to Absinthe? You
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,031 Times in 6,930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, Simon. I knew it was something simple. That worked! Can I re-jailbreak from right in redsn0w? Or do I need to go to Absinthe?
    You can rejailbreak right in redsnow

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,838 Times in 6,153 Posts

However you like.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

Great, guys! I'm back to jail broken. Boy was redsn0w fast! About 30 seconds to jail break. And boy is my 4S fast again!! Wow!! I must have been using a couple of glutty tweaks.

And here is proof of what Thazsar and King have been saying about the dependency files - but also proof that Cydia does allow me to grab single dependencies Asc with a tweak all at once.

When I hit confirm - each of those debs were in my cache/apt/Archives folder to download for tomorrow. !!

Ironic that Gridlock isn't even ready yet!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Great, guys! I'm back to jail broken. Boy was redsn0w fast! About 30 seconds to jail break. And boy is my 4S fast again!! Wow!! I must have been using a couple of glutty tweaks.

And here is proof of what Thazsar and King have been saying about the dependency files - but also proof that Cydia does allow me to grab single dependencies Asc with a tweak all at once.

When I hit confirm - each of those debs were in my cache/apt/Archives folder to download for tomorrow. !!

Ironic that Gridlock isn't even ready yet!!!
    Hey bro... I know a way to get something like gridlock... Even works for non jailbroken devices... Not it is not as awesome as gridlock but i kinda like it the way it works is pretty cool though

This is just an example... It works better on darker backgrounds though...Beat the system- and getting iOS6 tweaks from Cydia now before JB release-imageuploadedbymodmyi1359841300.613933.jpg

Anyway if ur interested i can direct you to a link or a video
    Here is the link... And i would suggest watching the video since it explains a bit ... http://cydiahacks.com/iempty
    Hope this would do while waiting for gridlock to be upgraded...
    Last edited by Faresismail; 02-03-2013 at 07:41 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Faresismail For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-02-2013)

Thanks

Hey Grant? You know I hate it when I'm right, but Saurik just updated winterboard for all iOS's and CPU's. Not trying to rub it in here, but I was adamant that it needed an update, while you were adamant that it was 100% ready.

Take no offense here bro, but I think this one time I earned a little crowing.

It looks like with this addition, you may be getting very close to your wish of being ready and compatible.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hey Grant? You know I hate it when I'm right, but Saurik just updated winterboard for all iOS's and CPU's. Not trying to rub it in here, but I was adamant that it needed an update, while you were adamant that it was 100% ready.

It looks like with this addition, you may be getting very close to your wish of being ready and compatible.
    Lol: auros - enlight your phone

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-03-2013), Krima (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for adding the link!

Thanks

All good my man! But remember my data wasn't from 'myself' it was from Anthony and the GoogleDocs sheet of compatibility compiled from a group of designers themselves. That sheet said - 'YES' for COMPATIBLE with 6.1 next to Winterboard. But to have a little fun, I'm going to load 'my version', that I have now - when we get the JB and show you that it did work WITHOUT an additional update.. LOL!!! Do you have data from Saurik showing that it was 'broken' in the rev I have and NOW fixed in the one that just came through this am?

Thanks

It was discussed on iRC that there were issues with UIImages not working correctly. This is the folder that themes everything except icons. So it was a pretty major issue.

The other unknown was using it with the iph5 CPU. I think this was another issue that needed update.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-03-2013 at 11:34 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-03-2013)

Thanks

According to Anthony - nothing "major" was updated in it... Should I believe your IRC chat or Anthony? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard
    Worked alright without the update too, I tested Ayecon last night.The update just enhances stability of WinterBoard on iOS 6 as a whole, along with support for A6 CPU.
    What that's also telling us in that Anthony, our young man, is ON THE INSIDE - and has the jailbreak running on his ip5..

Thanks

According to Anthony - nothing "major" was updated in it... Should I believe your IRC chat or Anthony? LOL!!

What that's also telling us in that Anthony, our young man, is ON THE INSIDE - and has the jailbreak running on his ip5..
    He doesn't say anywhere in his post that he was running winterboard on his iPhone 5. I would say he did it on his iPhone 4 since you can tethered jailbreak that.

Thanks

You can believe Anthony or whatever you want. Saurik's iRC channel is where he(Saurik) goes to discuss it. So my info comes right from the horses mouth.

I only catch what I can at the time I'm there, so it is what it is.

Thanks

You can believe Anthony or whatever you want. Saurik's iRC channel is where he(Saurik) goes to discuss it. So my info comes right from the horses mouth.

I only catch what I can at the time I'm there, so it is what it is.
    Fair enough. My point was and still is - that there is nothing in the previous rev that would have stopped me or anyone from using Winterboard. We'll all use many tweaks these next several weeks after the JB that won't be 100% up to date - but they'll be functional. That's fine with me. Heck -- I'm still using BackBoard which hasn't had 'compatibility' since 3GS! LOL!!! But does it work? Yep. Flawlessly. Winterboard would have worked very usefully before this rev this am. (as it did for Anthony).
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-03-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Backboard doesn't work flawlessly for me. In fact it's quite annoying. It might save majority of stuff but icons are all over every time. It's still faster than manual but your experience with it is definitely not the overall consensus. It's compatible enough not to remove but is far from fully functional.

To add to that the dock image itself requires several resprings to change. Or as far as going into WB and turning theme off and on.
    Last edited by Pinoy; 02-03-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks

Okay. Not to gloat - but is anybody here yet on ip5 jail broken?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Now your ideas don't seem that bad. Lol. Your weather app crashing?

Thanks

I was there already. Would send a screen, but not running this theme and I am in the middle of letting Cydia update all packages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Now your ideas don't seem that bad. Lol. Your weather app crashing?
    Thanks, Pinoy. Maybe I can start earning my keep around here this time. . King was lucky and got Winterboard from Cydia before the logjam started. Many are having trouble getting the COREUTIL deb updated and the Evasi0n update. They make lots of things more stable.

Right now for me Cydia is not saying I need to upgrade anything.

Step 1 was loading:
    Mobile Substrate & Substrate Safe Mode. Stable!

Step 2 for getting Winterboard up was load:
    Winterboard
    libhide
    Preference Loader
    pincrush
    -- and the 2 above are also needed for WB.

Stable!! Loaded on Auros. Bam!

Gonna try some simple stuff now - with no dependencies.

Grant

Thanks

I also loaded iFile, myLocation (from my repo) and the evasi0n update.

The best news is that myLocation is working!!! I will be updating my sig here soon.

Thanks

Great!! I have iWidgets working too. LOOK GREAT!!!

Iconoclasm works as well! Except ironically there's no iP5 system 4x5 default.. LOL!!!