Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Beat the system- and getting iOS6 tweaks from Cydia now before JB release

  1. #41
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,512
    Thanks
    42,185
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

    People have been doing this for a while. You aren't the first. They just use Pkgbackup instead of doing it manually.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    People have been doing this for a while. You aren't the first. They just use Pkgbackup instead of doing it manually.
    PKGBkup won't work the way I'm doing it - because PKGBkup accesses Cydia "in real time". So Posix errors show up there too. PKGBkup uses 'pointer files' to the actual package on Cydia.

  3. #43
    Default Theme tweaks READY for 6.1 Update 1/31/13
    Okay - from my own staying close to Cydia lists and a great Google Doc Anthony Bouchard of MMI showed us in another thread here is the status of the main tweaks we'd want to get asap and their readiness for 6.1. If you're up to date on your 4S or other phone at 5.1.1 - you can use my method described for downloading .DEB files and those same files when loaded onto your iPhone 5 on 6.1 will work.

    FULLY READY for 6.1:
    • WinterBoard (though some specific themes could not be ready - it would be rare)
    • BytaFont
    • Cascade
    • Color Keyboard
    • Infinidock (all the Infini- ones)
    • Iconoclasm
    • 20 Second Lockscreen
    • MultiIconMover
    • Zeppelin


    NOT READY - may have bad effect/may not:

    • FolderIcons (stated as not ready on Google Docs list - but states "ready for iOS6" when you look it up in Cydia
    • Gridlock (aaargh.. why is this one always the last to get updated!!...) causes SAFE MODE crash!
    • iWidgets (no word of any kind on it - but PerPageHTML+ is NOT ready and a lot of the code is the same in iWidgets)
    • Springtomize2 (not ready - but no crashing)

    Other common tweaks - non-themeing - ready to go for 6.1!
    • biteSMS
    • Package BackUP
    • OpenSSH
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-31-2013 at 05:47 PM.

  4. #44
    Grant, tried to reply back to you in PM, but your inbox is full so I will post it here instead.

    To be honest, I have never tried to restore my icon state by backing it up. For my personal use, I never found a need for it. But maybe I can shed some light on the files that might be involved with it. Hope this helps in your quest

    There are actually 3 files involved with the icon state on your device:

    Library/SpringBoard/DesiredIconState.plist - The current organization state of the icons on the home screen

    Library/SpringBoard/IconState.plist - The last organization state of the home screen since boot, and is affected by DesiredIconState.plist and whatever is contained in /Applications and /var/mobile/Applications at boot

    Library/SpringBoard/IconSupportState.plist - Acts as IconState.plist if you have IconSupport installed

    So I guess to be safe, you will need to backup all 3 copies.

    Also if you use InfiniFolders, that will be stored in yet another plist.

    Let me know how you make out with this. When you replace the 3 files try them one at a time to see which one is the actual file that stored the your old icon state, or if it winds up being a combination of the 3.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Grant, tried to reply back to you in PM, but your inbox is full so I will post it here instead.

    To be honest, I have never tried to restore my icon state by backing it up. For my personal use, I never found a need for it. But maybe I can shed some light on the files that might be involved with it. Hope this helps in your quest

    There are actually 3 files involved with the icon state on your device:

    Library/SpringBoard/DesiredIconState.plist - The current organization state of the icons on the home screen

    Library/SpringBoard/IconState.plist - The last organization state of the home screen since boot, and is affected by DesiredIconState.plist and whatever is contained in /Applications and /var/mobile/Applications at boot

    Library/SpringBoard/IconSupportState.plist - Acts as IconState.plist if you have IconSupport installed

    So I guess to be safe, you will need to backup all 3 copies.

    Also if you use InfiniFolders, that will be stored in yet another plist.

    Let me know how you make out with this. When you replace the 3 files try them one at a time to see which one is the actual file that stored the your old icon state, or if it winds up being a combination of the 3.
    Thanks, Drifter. I'm assuming because you didn't write it in that post explicitly that you are acknowledging my main question being that iBackupBot does indeed give me access to that directory I need when still un-jailbroken?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, Drifter. I'm assuming because you didn't write it in that post explicitly that you are acknowledging my main question being that iBackupBot does indeed give me access to that directory I need when still un-jailbroken?
    Yes Examine a backup of your current devices with iBackupBot, you will see those files in there

    To replace them back into your system when not jailbroken, you will have to restore the iBackupBots modified backup from within iBackupBot.

    However, once jailbroken just SSH them back to the the appropriate places from your backed up copies instead.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 02-01-2013 at 07:43 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Yes Examine a backup of your current devices with iBackupBot, you will see those files in there

    To replace them back into your system when not jailbroken, you will have to restore the iBackupBots modified backup from within iBackupBot.
    Does this take as long as an Apple restore? I'd like to test as i go - but each time I make one little edit will it do a whole restore to my phone?

    And, at the risk of getting greedy with what iBackUpBot can do - is it possible for me to have access to my chat sessions as a whole? Where would they be stored in my phone and can I in essence back them up to my computer from within iBackUpBot and get them back in a "DFU restored/Save as New iPhone" phone later when unjailbroken?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Does this take as long as an Apple restore? I'd like to test as i go - but each time I make one little edit will it do a whole restore to my phone?

    And, at the risk of getting greedy with what iBackUpBot can do - is it possible for me to have access to my chat sessions as a whole? Where would they be stored in my phone and can I in essence back them up to my computer from within iBackUpBot and get them back in a "DFU restored/Save as New iPhone" phone later when unjailbroken?
    Sounds like you never went through the process with ibackupBot. Try it bro, restoring the backup from iBackupBot should take less than 5 minutes if even that.

    Here is the link again from iFans to show you what files correspond to what in iTunes backup:

    List of Files and Their Roles in iTunes Backups, and How to Use Them | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

    Chat, message and other files are explained a little more in detail. Hopefully you can deduce what your looking for from the file list.

    Good Luck in your Quest

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Sounds like you never went through the process with ibackupBot. Try it bro, restoring the backup from iBackupBot should take less than 5 minutes if even that.

    Here is the link again from iFans to show you what files correspond to what in iTunes backup:

    List of Files and Their Roles in iTunes Backups, and How to Use Them | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

    Chat, message and other files are explained a little more in detail. Hopefully you can deduce what your looking for from the file list.

    Good Luck in your Quest
    a
    Ah yes.. You already made a tutorial. Forgot! Thanks! Looks like iExplorer is also a mechanism to get me some of what I'm looking to do. Many thanks!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Sounds like you never went through the process with ibackupBot. Try it bro, restoring the backup from iBackupBot should take less than 5 minutes if even that.

    Here is the link again from iFans to show you what files correspond to what in iTunes backup:

    List of Files and Their Roles in iTunes Backups, and How to Use Them | iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums | iFans

    Chat, message and other files are explained a little more in detail. Hopefully you can deduce what your looking for from the file list.

    Good Luck in your Quest
    Thanks for pushing me to learn it, Drifter. The process went pretty smoothly. I did a DFU Restore this afternoon. No more numeric wifi (unless I want it. LOL!). And my icon state got successfully returned the way I wanted.. WOW!! Such a time saver.. Oy!! iBackUpBot only is able to return files to a backup that are there in the newest backup by name. So the ONLY file in a new backup after a fresh restore was iconstate.plist. But THAT was the one with the 'payload'. The all snapped back to my positioning after the restore from iBackUpBot. Brilliant! The tutorial to get your email accounts back did NOT work. It corrupted my newest back up on 6.1 and had to kill it and force a rebackup in iTunes. So lesson learned. Adding my email accounts back wasn't that bad. But I really need my SMS chat sessions back. Is that covered in the tutorial too?

    Thanks again!!
    Grant

  11. #51
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,512
    Thanks
    42,185
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

    Grant, there's no need to wait for any tweak to be compatible anymore!

    Go to Cydia and buy "Flex" and now you can write your own tweaks and make them work anyway you want!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Grant, there's no need to wait for any tweak to be compatible anymore!

    Go to Cydia and buy "Flex" and now you can write your own tweaks and make them work anyway you want!
    Lol!! Though I sense a note of sarcasm in your post there, King , I was intrigued by what Flex is claiming. You think it's a real thing - or a toy in your opinion?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #53
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,512
    Thanks
    42,185
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

    I got it right away. It has potential for sure. No bad sarcasm. I will be able to eliminate a handful of the tweaks that I use already.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I got it right away. It has potential for sure. No bad sarcasm. I will be able to eliminate a handful of the tweaks that I use already.
    Which ones do you think will be eliminate-able? I will go get it too.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: from some early reading on their site - it seems like the 'kinds' of tweaks you can make with flex are things that Springtomize 2+ already does with ease. I'm having trouble seeing the full potential at this point. It seems like a toggle this on/toggle this off kind of tweak maker. But still worth my $3.99.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-02-2013 at 10:05 AM.

  15. #55
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,512
    Thanks
    42,185
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

    The big one is that I use xcon so my directv app can't detect my JB. Well directv updates their app more than Facebook. Every time they do, I can't use it. Now I don't have to wait for the xcon update, I can take care of it myself. Tweaks are great, but it will be nice to have some control in one place. Plus the dev seems to be eager to be on top of it. I DL it and about 10 mins later, when I was testing your dependency issue, there was an upstate.

    Hey bro, Cydia just updated all the core utils. I just had 21 updates.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-02-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The big one is that I use xcon so my directv app can't detect my JB. Well directv updates their app more than Facebook. Every time they do, I can't use it. Now I don't have to wait for the xcon update, I can take care of it myself. Tweaks are great, but it will be nice to have some control in one place. Plus the dev seems to be eager to be on top of it. I DL it and about 10 mins later, when I was testing your dependency issue, there was an upstate.
    Do you mean 'update'? (upstate?)

    Hey bro, Cydia just updated all the core utils. I just had 21 updates.
    Yeah I saw that too and grabbed all the .deb files from it. Though I'll bet those utils are auto-installed by Cydia upon JB'ing.. right? I did NOT see MobileSubstrate in the update - so that's still only grabbed for certain tweaks I guess..

    As I mentioned in the other thread - I'm restoring my 4S to 5.1.1 this afternoon so I can download '1x1' the tweaks I use for themeing and see what 'dependencies' come with it. The .debs for tweak+dependency should appear in the private/var/cache/apt/Archives folder unless I miss my guess.

  17. #57
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,512
    Thanks
    42,185
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

    Actually not all of them are auto installed. There are some dependencies there.

    Yeah update, not upstate.

    I'm curious to know if it is one deb or one for each. My guess would be one for each, or that would mean that Cydia is repackaging them, and that doesn't seem right to me.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Actually not all of them are auto installed. There are some dependencies there.

    Yeah update, not upstate.

    I'm curious to know if it is one deb or one for each. My guess would be one for each, or that would mean that Cydia is repackaging them, and that doesn't seem right to me.
    Yeah. My guess too would be one for each.

    King - I can't get redsn0w to see the original 5.1.1 ipsw as valid. Aren't I able to restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 now with redsn0w's latest tool? 0915b3? I have my blobs and I'm at the 'stitching' step of creating the custom ipsw - but it's say redsn0w can't use this ipsw. What gives?

  19. #59
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,593
    Thanks
    6,857
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 7,010 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. My guess too would be one for each.

    King - I can't get redsn0w to see the original 5.1.1 ipsw as valid. Aren't I able to restore from 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 now with redsn0w's latest tool? 0915b3? I have my blobs and I'm at the 'stitching' step of creating the custom ipsw - but it's say redsn0w can't use this ipsw. What gives?
    If you are doing this for a 4S you don't stitch your firmware. You have to go to Extras>Even More>Restore to re-restore a 4S.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-02-2013), NewdestinyX (02-02-2013)

  21. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you are doing this for a 4S you don't stitch your firmware. You have to go to Extras>Even More>Restore to re-restore a 4S.
    Thanks, Simon. I knew it was something simple. That worked! Can I re-jailbreak from right in redsn0w? Or do I need to go to Absinthe?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •