Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEED HELP : Restoring iPhone back to factory settings!!

Default NEED HELP : Restoring iPhone back to factory settings!!
    Hi. I'm in a giant pickle right now. I'm so lost that I made an account just to post on this forum hoping someone will be able to help me. Ok so heres my iPhone information : I am running on an iPhone 4, unlocked for T-Mobile, on iOS 6.0.1. So a couple hours ago, I opened up my text messages and then my phone just went berserk. The screen started to flash different shades of blue/white/black. Basically the screen was all glitched up and the phone froze. So, I did a hard reset, put it into DFU mode, and tethered boot with Redsn0w. The phone turned back on, but right after I swiped "Slide to unlock" the phone did the exact same thing. I am so stuck. I've been putting the phone into recovery mode trying to restore with iTunes. The restore goes about a quarter of the way, then the screen goes berserk again. Currently, my phone is now solid blue screened. I can still put the phone into DFU/Recovery, etc, but thats about it. Please help me! Thank you

I had the exact same issue, my screen started flashing some colors randomly and then it started blinking really fast... What i did was putting my phone into pwnDFU ( using ireb btw use snowbreeze, create a costum ipsnw file ) and once in iREB, restore to the constum ipsnw file... Once the restore is done, "just boot" via IBooty (on ur desktop )

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    I had the exact same issue, my screen started flashing some colors randomly and then it started blinking really fast... What i did was putting my phone into pwnDFU ( using ireb btw use snowbreeze, create a costum ipsnw file ) and once in iREB, restore to the constum ipsnw file... Once the restore is done, "just boot" via IBooty (on ur desktop )

Good luck
    Thanks for the luck. I forgot to add that it would get stuck in a tethered boot mode. For example the pineapple from Redsn0w would just stay there for hours.

I got it fixed! Heads up to anyone if it happens to them : What I did was let the battery die out. Once the battery died, the phone worked just fine. I did restore it however, to prevent this from happening again. Thanks!