Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Springboard crashes every time I try to play music.

Default Springboard crashes every time I try to play music.
    Hello everyone,

I am particularly new to this forum, but I know the ropes of jailbreaking and whatnot, and I am trying to find a fix to this little problem that now happens quite frequently. What happens is, after going a few hours without using the iPod, I unlock it and try to play some music on it. Right after I pick a song, the screen would freeze on the "Now Playing" screen, and it would take me into Safe Mode every time. After restarting from Safe Mode, music could be played perfectly fine, but then this cycle would repeat after hours of non-use. This has happened almost every day for the past week now, and I cannot seem to find the problem. I installed CrashReporter and it told me that the "Tertiary Suspects" for each time this happened were the "MailDataProvider" and a tweak called "AuxoSwitcher.dylib". I have yet to remove Auxo (because I thoroughly enjoy the tweak), but I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem before with their iPod, and if it is a bug with Auxo, or just a problem with the iPod itself. Help would be very appreciated.

Much thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

My buddy and a problem like this and had to remove the tweak because of it. Try just turning off the tweak and see if it stops crashing.

Alright, I'll give it a try. Is it a common bug with that app?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Not sure. Worth a shot if it works you can always email the dev and see what he says.

Alright. I'll test it out today and shoot the dev an email later today or tomorrow (due to the many hours of non-use factor.) Is there any other tweak similar to Auxo that doesn't have these types of bugs?

i had that problem with version 1.1, since using 1.2 for the past few days it hasnt happened yet.