+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone stuck at preparing iphone for restore

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
My iphone 3g is stuck at preparing iphone for restore, If it is in Dfu it will get stuck and give me a white screen, if it is in recovery
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone stuck at preparing iphone for restore
    My iphone 3g is stuck at preparing iphone for restore, If it is in Dfu it will get stuck and give me a white screen, if it is in recovery mode it will give me a white screen for 1 second and immediately change to a black screen with little bit light the same happens even when I try to do a normal restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonKnightMLG View Post
    My iphone 3g is stuck at preparing iphone for restore, If it is in Dfu it will get stuck and give me a white screen, if it is in recovery mode it will give me a white screen for 1 second and immediately change to a black screen with little bit light the same happens even when I try to do a normal restore.
    Hello, and welcome to MMI!

In order for us to better assist you, we'd love to have some more details about what exactly you're experiencing. Do you see any error messages on your computer screen when these hangs occur? Also, could you post or upload (to a site like pastebin.com or pastie.org) your restore log(s) when you're trying to restore this device?

Restore logs can be found by doing the following:

OS X:
    1) Open Finder, hit Command + Shift + G.
    2) Type in (or copy and paste) the following: ~/Library/Logs/iPhone Updater Logs/
    3) Look for log file(s) dated around the time that these failed restores occurred. They are numbered chronologically.

Windows:
    1) Open the Run... dialog (hit Windows key + R).
    2) Type in (or copy and paste) the following: %AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs
    3) Look for log file(s) dated around the time that these failed restores occurred. They are numbered chronologically.

Thanks! In the interim, a quick remedy to try would be to try restoring this device on another computer, using a different USB cord. Sometimes, it just takes another machine...

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Hes right, i just restore my phone... At first i tried it from home and i kept getting error 21, the problem is that no one was home so that i can borrow there laptop, and i had to take it to the store next to my house, PAID 20$ ( i knew i was getting scammed but there was nothing i could have done :/ ) the guy restored it and it worked perfectly...