Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i have a 3gs and iphone 4 need help to bypass activation screen

Default i have a 3gs and iphone 4 need help to bypass activation screen
    this is what happen i tryed to by pass activation screen with remote unlock i bought on ebay and dint work now they both say contact customer support help please. the iPhone 3gs is att and the 4 is Verizon i got these phones for free and dont know how to see what firmware or base band is for both thanks. anything will be helpful at this point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stopf3enin69 View Post
    this is what happen i tryed to by pass activation screen with remote unlock i bought on ebay and dint work now they both say contact customer support help please. the iPhone 3gs is att and the 4 is Verizon i got these phones for free and dont know how to see what firmware or base band is for both thanks. anything will be helpful at this point.
    Hmm, it sounds like those phones may have been flagged or re-locked by their respective carriers. I am not at all confident the remote unlocking service you used did its job successfully. Further, the Verizon iPhone 4 is a CDMA-only phone, it has no SIM slot to unlock. Are you sure you have an iPhone 4 from Verizon, and not an iPhone 4S?

--

You can "hacktivate" those two particular devices by using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for OS X or Windows and jailbreaking the devices. Now what firmware you'll use when redsn0w asks you what IPSW you want to use will vary based on what firmware you have on those devices. For reference, the jailbreakable firmware versions are: 4.0/4.0.1/4.1/4.2.1/4.3.3/5.0/5.0.1/5.1.1/6.0 (tethered only)/6.0.1 (tethered only). If you have something else, you may need to restore to one of those versions of firmware first for best results. Which firmware you use exactly depends on what SHSH blobs are available for your device, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

In short: what firmware version and device type does redsn0w report you having when you plug your iPhones into the computer?

thats the thing i dont know what firmware i got it wont let me get in settings

Download redsn0w or tiny umbrella and as long as your phones are being detect on the usb the either of this programs should tell you what ios is installed and also what baseband they are running.. Redsn0w will also tell you if the 3gs you have is an old or new bootrom.. You want it to be the old one really as you will have much more options

ima try it now

red snow doesn't let me go to the next step asks me to select a firmware from browse

yea it asks me to choice one but i dont know what i got since it wont let me go to main screen it only shoes me the selct a language screen nd region. what do i do?
    Last edited by stopf3enin69; 02-03-2013 at 04:26 PM.