+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erase all contents and settings on jailbroken 4S

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I know that pressing this button on a jailbroken phone will put it in a boot loop but is there any other way to erase all the data on my
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Erase all contents and settings on jailbroken 4S
    I know that pressing this button on a jailbroken phone will put it in a boot loop but is there any other way to erase all the data on my iPhone 4S apart from doing it manually?

It's on 5.1.1 and unlocked using Gevey sim since it's on Sprint and I'm selling the phone so I need to delete all my data while preserving the jailbreak and unlock.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,057 Times in 4,201 Posts

I don't know if the re restore will do this for ya. Never setup as new before using that its worth a shot thou.

Green Apple
    Thanks

DO NOT DO IT!! Once you hit that it'll wipe the phone and FORCE you to connect to itunes and update it to 6. whatever it is now.. Better to delete manually.. Yeah it sucks, but you won't loose the JB/unlock.. I was going to buy a 4 from a guy I work with and thats what he did.. It was on 5.3.3 IIRC, and he did the wipe on it, which forced him to connect to itunes after it wiped it and then updated it to the latest OS, loosing the JB, and there was no way of rolling it back out of it.. Obviously, I didn't buy it.. LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Im am having the Same problem I have a iPhone 4S which was on iOS 6.1 with the evasion jailbreak. I pressed erase all content and settings and i left it for a while then turned it off and when I turned it back on it showed me the connect to iTunes screen so I did but iTunes is not letting me restore to iOS 6.1 or 6.1.2. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

Should go to 6.1.2...put it in DFU mode then restore...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

Gped_82 (03-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for your response I have try updating to 6.1.2 with the iphone showing connect to itunes screen the software almost installs but I get an error (-1) all the time even if i put it in dfu mode. I've tried deleting the restore and downloading again also downloading restore off internet and shift+restore but nothing seems to be working all ways (-1) !!!!!! help