+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot restore jailbroken iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Alright, so I was modifying the necessary files to increase the volume limit on my phone. I'm running the 6.0.1 TJB. After modifying the correct files, I shutdown my phone,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright, so I was modifying the necessary files to increase the volume limit on my phone. I'm running the 6.0.1 TJB. After modifying the correct files, I shutdown my phone, and went to reboot using redsn0w. On my first try, I got an error message during the process that I didn't really pay attention to, thinking I could just try again.

Now my phone is stuck on one of several screens, depending on what I do. Right now it's stuck on the spinning wheel, sometimes it's stuck on the connect to itunes screen.

I have tried plugging it into my computer, and neither iTunes, nor redsn0w even recognize it.

I cannot enter DFU mode, and I am freaking out.

Is there anything I can do? Or did I just brick my phone?

Now it's stuck on the connect to itunes screen
    Last edited by GlassToTheArson; 01-07-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
    Alright, so I was modifying the necessary files to increase the volume limit on my phone. I'm running the 6.0.1 TJB. After modifying the correct files, I shutdown my phone, and went to reboot using redsn0w. On my first try, I got an error message during the process that I didn't really pay attention to, thinking I could just try again.

Now my phone is stuck on one of several screens, depending on what I do. Right now it's stuck on the spinning wheel, sometimes it's stuck on the connect to itunes screen.

I have tried plugging it into my computer, and neither iTunes, nor redsn0w even recognize it.

I cannot enter DFU mode, and I am freaking out.

Is there anything I can do? Or did I just brick my phone?

Now it's stuck on the connect to itunes screen
    I can reassure you it is quite challenging, damned near impossible in fact, to totally "brick" an iPhone just via software updates these days.

DFU should always be accessible via the push-button method if plugged into a computer, or redsn0w might jump you out of the boot loop via a "Just boot". If normal DFU methods aren't working, you may have to allow the device to totally drain battery (as in not even the "low battery logo" appears, this can also be accomplished via disconnecting the battery from your phone's internal main logic board for approximately sixty seconds, but this method is not recommended) and try either the DFU entry or redsn0w boot again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, believe it or not, I switched USB ports on my MBP and that fixed everything. I'm not sure if it was a bad port, or bad cord, but once I switched, everything worked fine, and I was able to reboot just fine.