I have an iPod Touch 4g, which is running iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken with redsn0w. I now want to restore it, which I thought would be quite easy. I wanted to keep it on iOS 5.0.1, so I downloaded the ipsw for it off the internet. I put my iPod in DFU mode and shift-clicked restore. When I chose the 5.0.1 IPSW I got the message "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt", and when I tried downloading the firmware from another site, I got "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored because the firmware file was not compatible". So I tried with redsn0w (Extras, Select IPSW) and got "That IPSW is not supported by this version of redsn0w. Fingerprint: 71a430acfee004eaceb9234578d3bf70285227f5". By this time I was very annoyed at having spent a few hours and not getting anywhere, so I tried restoring to iOS 6.0.1, and got "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt" again. Please could someone help me get a restore to iOS 5.0.1 working? Thanks!