+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading Iphone 4 Jailbreaked on ios 4.3 upgrading to IOS 5.1.1 now that IOS 6 is out

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi guys.I want to upgrade to ios 5.1.1 from 4.3 and not IOS 6. My phone is factory unlocked and its Untethered Jailbreaked on 4.3. What Should I do to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default upgrading Iphone 4 Jailbreaked on ios 4.3 upgrading to IOS 5.1.1 now that IOS 6 is out
    Hi guys.I want to upgrade to ios 5.1.1 from 4.3 and not IOS 6. My phone is factory unlocked and its Untethered Jailbreaked on 4.3. What Should I do to upgrade and also the same question applies for my iphone 3gs which is carrier locked but unlocked and jailbreaked and would like to upgrade from ios 3.1 to IOS 5.

Thanks alot for all the help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

If you have 5.1.1 blob saved , then you can restore to this firmware version otherwise No.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If you have 5.1.1 blob saved , then you can restore to this firmware version otherwise No.
    How can i have the 5.1 blob when I am trying to upgrade to iOS 5, not downgrade. Kindly help.
    Thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

He was saying if you do have the shsh blobs for 5.1.1. Buts seem like ya don't have it ya either gonna have to stay where ya at. Or go to 6.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You need SHSH blobs to upgrade/downgrade to any iOS that apple isn't currently signing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danguy View Post
    You need SHSH blobs to upgrade/downgrade to any iOS that apple isn't currently signing.
    So that means I'm stuck on the current firmware till an iOS 6 jailbreak is released or can I use custom firmwares and upgrade in dfu mode. Would that help??

Thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

If ya don't have the blobs then ya can't go anywhere.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ice2hot View Post
    So that means I'm stuck on the current firmware till an iOS 6 jailbreak is released or can I use custom firmwares and upgrade in dfu mode. Would that help??

Thanks
    Yes you're stuck on 4.3 and custom firmwares arent going to help you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how you doing people, i was going to make a new thread but then saw and read this

Ive got an iphone 4 32gb model and have had it couple of months after it first came out but i have never updated the IOS from the original 4.0.1 mainly due to being lazy and ive also jailbroken it so also wanted to wait till the other IOS's were able to be jailbroken

Im also not sure what to update to, i was thinking 5.1.1 as few people have recomended this as the most stable one

ive got quite a lot of apps downloaded probably more than 120 all mixed with games, maps and everything

I havent got the original pc i used to intially set up the iphone through itunes, so what is the first stage people, backup everything? what is the easiest way to do this as pictures are not a problem but what about all my converted videos and contact? im more concerned about them more than the apps but then if i can also save the apps i'll be greatfull