Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question for iPhone 4S (5.1.1) re-restore problems and how to save 6.0.1 APTicket

Default Question for iPhone 4S (5.1.1) re-restore problems and how to save 6.0.1 APTicket
    Hello modmyi community!

I own a jailbroken iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 factory installed. 5.1.1 and 6.0.1 Blobs are saved. I never had problems so I never do a re-restore with iTunes. Now is the time I have to re-restore but I can't because redsn0w gives me "wrong APTicket" error. I read some threads and found out that factory and OTA 5.1.1 installed A5 devices which never had a iTunes restore on 5.1.1 can't re-restored with redsn0w because the right APTicket is missing.

My question now is what is the best way to never have the same problem again.

My 5.1.1 is running but after a iTunes backup restore some Apps crashes again and again.

Should I stay on 5.1.1 and wait for a new solution to do a re-restore or should I update to 6.0.1 and save APTicket to preserve the chance to do a re-restore with 6.0.1 if there is a jailbreak available soon?

Is it possible to save 6.0.1 APTicket without installing 6.0.1 or is the only way to save the 6.0.1 APTicket a restore to 6.0.1?

Thanks for any help and best wishes from germany!

tux_troll

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tux_troll View Post
    Hello modmyi community!

I own a jailbroken iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 factory installed. 5.1.1 and 6.0.1 Blobs are saved. I never had problems so I never do a re-restore with iTunes. Now is the time I have to re-restore but I can't because redsn0w gives me "wrong APTicket" error. I read some threads and found out that factory and OTA 5.1.1 installed A5 devices which never had a iTunes restore on 5.1.1 can't re-restored with redsn0w because the right APTicket is missing.

My question now is what is the best way to never have the same problem again.

My 5.1.1 is running but after a iTunes backup restore some Apps crashes again and again.

Should I stay on 5.1.1 and wait for a new solution to do a re-restore or should I update to 6.0.1 and save APTicket to preserve the chance to do a re-restore with 6.0.1 if there is a jailbreak available soon?

Is it possible to save 6.0.1 APTicket without installing 6.0.1 or is the only way to save the 6.0.1 APTicket a restore to 6.0.1?

Thanks for any help and best wishes from germany!

tux_troll
    You can save your 6.0.1 SHSH blobs without actually being on iOS 6.0.1 (that includes the correct APTicket), however, the tricky part is iOS 6.0.1 is NOT vulnerable to the re-restore bug that the 5.x OS's are. Once Apple closes the 6.0.1 SHSH blob window, it'll be impossible to restore to 6.0.1 under the current circumstances. I'd keep it on 5.1.1 if you need the jailbreak (or want to keep the possibility of a jailbreak open) or bring it to 6.0.1 if you really need the clean restore.

Thank you Orby!

If I understand you I can save 6.0.1 SHSH blobs with valid APTicket but I have no usage for them because I can not perform a 6.0.1 re-restore even if I'm on 6.0.1?!? That's just available for iOS 5.x.x!? But why tinyumbrella supports saving 6.0.1 SHSH blobs and APTicket?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tux_troll View Post
    Thank you Orby!

If I understand you I can save 6.0.1 SHSH blobs with valid APTicket but I have no usage for them because I can not perform a 6.0.1 re-restore even if I'm on 6.0.1?!? That's just available for iOS 5.x.x!? But why tinyumbrella supports saving 6.0.1 SHSH blobs and APTicket?
    Correct, sadly.

TinyUmbrella supports saving those blobs because some time in the future, those blobs may prove useful for restoring to that (i.e., 6.0.1) firmware. They just aren't useful yet... think of it as insurance for the future.