Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Never Jailbroken Ipod, how do I get shsh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Never Jailbroken Ipod, how do I get shsh?
    My ipod touch is the 4th generation, 32gb how do I get my shsh blobs? It's never been jailbroken before, so is it possible for me? It's version 6.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoussly View Post
    My ipod touch is the 4th generation, 32gb how do I get my shsh blobs? It's never been jailbroken before, so is it possible for me? It's version 6.0.1
    Yes it's quite possible.

Download redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for OS X or Windows from here. With redsn0w, select Extras then SHSH blobs. Then, select either "Fetch" or "New" (New is the better method but you'll also have to download a copy of the 6.0.1 IPSW, here). I'd recommend submitting the blobs to Cydia when you're done fetching them or downloading them from Apple.

Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yes it's quite possible.

Download redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for OS X or Windows from here. With redsn0w, select Extras then SHSH blobs. Then, select either "Fetch" or "New" (New is the better method but you'll also have to download a copy of the 6.0.1 IPSW, here). I'd recommend submitting the blobs to Cydia when you're done fetching them or downloading them from Apple.

Good luck!
    So once I've done the fetching how do I send it to Cydia, an will I be able to downgrade to 5.1.1 and jailbreak my ipod since I would then have my shsh blobs?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After all that, can I downgrade to 5.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yes it's quite possible.

Good luck!
    How do I submit to cydia? I don't have that app, and will I then be able to downgrade my ipod to 5.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoussly View Post
    After all that, can I downgrade to 5.1.1?
    How do I submit to cydia? I don't have that app, and will I then be able to downgrade my ipod to 5.1.1
    No, you can only downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 if you had previously saved the SHSH blobs for that particular version of iOS when Apple was allowing it (they stopped allowing it in September of this year). Without the proper blobs, you cannot get a working downgrade or an untethered jailbreak.

Redsn0w will ask you if you want to submit the blobs after the fetching process.

PS: The simplest way to solve the "I don't have that app" problem is to download it onto your computer, via the link in the previous post.