+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone 3Gs > vers. 4.1 to 5.0.1 (help)

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I'm currently using an iPhone 3Gs (model MB717LL/A, serial # QR11505D3NR) jailbroken on 4.1 firmware, and I'm looking to upgrade it to a jailbroken 5.0.1. I have the necessary
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken iPhone 3Gs > vers. 4.1 to 5.0.1 (help)
    Hi,

I'm currently using an iPhone 3Gs (model MB717LL/A, serial # QR11505D3NR) jailbroken on 4.1 firmware, and I'm looking to upgrade it to a jailbroken 5.0.1. I have the necessary SHSH blob, but I'm not really sure what to do with it. I've jailbroken devices before, ipod touch specifically, but I'm unfamiliar with the technicalities of preserving baseband and stuff like that with iPhones. I know that this phone is currently unlocked, and I'm using a carrier that would otherwise not work. I suppose this means that whatever I do, I'm going to want to preserve the baseband to preserve the unlock.

I was hoping to have some specific guidance for my case cause I don't want to mess up the unlock and then have a phone that I can't use without a rogers sim card or something (I'm with Fido at the moment).

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Any reason u want to go to 5.0.1 and not 5.1.1? This is my tutorial from another thread..

This is what I do on my 3GS... I think this works for a 4... This is a slightly modified version of my previous tutorial on 3GS for folks that didn't unlock...this should work for unlocking..at end of course u have to JB and install ultrasn0w as before...I've not done this myself all the way through as I don't unlock, so proceed at own risk. Would like to know I it works though...

This is for preserving baseband and stitching blobs...

1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
    3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
    3. Click on Custom IPSW button
    4. Browse to downloaded stock IPSW
    5. Let RS Finish creating no BB IPSW
    6. Click Extras button.
    7. Click SHSH blobs button.
    8. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
    9. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
    10. Click IPSW button-browse for previously created 5.1.1 no BB IPSW file NOT the stock one.
    11. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
    them local).
    12. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
    13. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
    14. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
    15. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
    16. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
    you created.Select it.
    17. Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!
    Last edited by xboxbml; 12-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.