+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 restore 6.0.1?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I'm currently in ios 6.0.1 on my iphone 5, I need to restore and set up as new iphone as my backup from my old i4s is causing battery drain.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 5 restore 6.0.1?
    I'm currently in ios 6.0.1 on my iphone 5, I need to restore and set up as new iphone as my backup from my old i4s is causing battery drain. ios 6.0.2 has been released so can I still restore without having to upgrade? I'm not sure if apple are still signing 6.0.1 for iphone 5 so wonder if anyone could help me, I really don't want to upgrade.

If it's not possible, what other options do I have, resetting all content and settings maybe? or does that not actually get rid of everything like an iTunes restore does?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dan2007h View Post
    I'm currently in ios 6.0.1 on my iphone 5, I need to restore and set up as new iphone as my backup from my old i4s is causing battery drain. ios 6.0.2 has been released so can I still restore without having to upgrade? I'm not sure if apple are still signing 6.0.1 for iphone 5 so wonder if anyone could help me, I really don't want to upgrade.

If it's not possible, what other options do I have, resetting all content and settings maybe? or does that not actually get rid of everything like an iTunes restore does?
    As of this post (2215 21DEC12 UTC), Apple is still signing iOS 6.0.1 for the iPhone 5. Download the 6.0.1 IPSW from here (if you have an A1428 model phone, use the 5,1 IPSW; A1429 model, use the 5,2), and Shift (Windows) or Option (OS X) + Restore in iTunes, navigating to that IPSW you just downloaded.

You can also "Erase All Contents and Settings" in Settings (Settings -> General -> Reset), as that will effectively erase your phone and allow you to set it up as new without having to restore via iTunes. I wouldn't recommend that as your first choice, rather, only as a last resort type of thing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

dan2007h (12-21-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks for the reply, I will try that tonight, really appreciate your help, will let you know how it goes thanks

Thanks +1
    Last edited by dan2007h; 12-21-2012 at 04:32 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

hope you successfully restored, because iOS 6.0.2 already released

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

I think they still signing 6.0.1 thou