Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in Semi-Tethered mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Stuck in Semi-Tethered mode
    Hi all,

I've been searching for ages and haven't come across anyone with this problem. I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 GSM 6.0.1 with Sn0wBreeze. It was a long process as for some reason I couldn't get into DFU mode using the Home & Power button method. I don't know why this is as I'm sure that both buttons work... & I know i'm not just getting my timings wrong; i've jailbroken countless iDevices with little problems before this.

Anyway, I ended up having to create a DFU IPSW using Red Sn0w and then restoring to my Sn0w Breeze custom firmware. The problem I have now is that I can't get back into DFU mode to boot tethered... So i'm stuck with my Cydia not working.

Any ideas? Is there a bit of software that will auto put my phone into DFU mode or anything like that?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I also tried the DFU.exe method with c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu but I get the following error:
    USBMuxListenerCreate: No error
    Last edited by itzChris92; 12-19-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itzChris92 View Post
    Hi all,

I've been searching for ages and haven't come across anyone with this problem. I just jailbroke my iPhone 4 GSM 6.0.1 with Sn0wBreeze. It was a long process as for some reason I couldn't get into DFU mode using the Home & Power button method. I don't know why this is as I'm sure that both buttons work... & I know i'm not just getting my timings wrong; i've jailbroken countless iDevices with little problems before this.

Anyway, I ended up having to create a DFU IPSW using Red Sn0w and then restoring to my Sn0w Breeze custom firmware. The problem I have now is that I can't get back into DFU mode to boot tethered... So i'm stuck with my Cydia not working.

Any ideas? Is there a bit of software that will auto put my phone into DFU mode or anything like that?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I also tried the DFU.exe method with c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu but I get the following error:
    USBMuxListenerCreate: No error
    Well, you can try creating an "DFU IPSW" via redsn0w 0.9.15b3 (Extras -> Even More -> DFU IPSW), but the inability to enter hardware DFU with button presses is more alarming, especially if you're sure all buttons are fully functional and you're trying to enter DFU mode after plugging in the USB cord to the computer and powering down the device while plugged into the computer. Also that version of iBSS is specifically for the first generation iPhone (m68ap), and will not work on an iPhone 4 (you'll need iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu but I would recommend just using redsn0w, full stop).