Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: This app requires IOS 4.3.
12-19-2012, 12:33 PM #1This app requires IOS 4.3.
OK so I decided to upgrade my friend's iphone. He has a 3gs version 4.0 baseband 05.13.04 New BR week 52.
What is the newest unlockable version I can upgrade to? And how?
And I really have no idea regarding the shsh blobs, if they're required in my update/unlocking procedure, I wish u can guide me what to do.
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM #2
Use redsn0w's (download version 0.9.15b3 here) Custom IPSW feature (Extras -> Custom IPSW) to make it happen. Restore it via iTunes, but only if you have SHSH blobs saved for that device and firmware version (check via redsn0w: Extras -> SHSH blobs -> Query). After restoring, just jailbreak it via redsn0w's DFU method.
If, however, you find that you do not have 5.1.1 blobs saved, your only other option will be to restore forward to 6.0.1 (the current public version) via the same custom IPSW process, but the jailbreak that follows will be tethered. Also, ultrasn0w may not be officially updated with compatibility for iOS 6.0.1, though other compatibility packages may exist.
12-22-2012, 09:57 AM #3
First of all I have to thank u as this is the most detailed reply I get in all my unlocking inquiry history.
Now when I entered Cydia, it says that I have 4.1 and 6.0.1 blobs saved.
So now what am I supposed to do? Download the custom IPSW 6.0.1 and create the custom firmware via Redsn0w ((??)) and then restore to 6.0.1 and then jailbreak?
And if yes what do I use to jailbreak and to unlock? And thank u
12-22-2012, 10:23 PM #4
1) Download a copy of the stock 6.0.1 IPSW from Apple here.
2) Open redsn0w, select Extras -> Custom IPSW. Navigate to the 6.0.1 IPSW you just downloaded.
If necessary, have redsn0w stitch in 6.0.1 SHSH blobs, choosing the "Remote" source. I don't think it'll ask you by default, though.
3) After the IPSW has been made, connect your iPhone.
4) In redsn0w again, select Extras -> Pwned DFU. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5) After redsn0w informs you that you've successfully entered Pwned DFU mode, open iTunes and hold down SHIFT (Windows) or OPTION (OS X) and click "Restore."
6) iTunes will now ask you what IPSW you want to use to restore. Select the custom IPSW you just made with redsn0w. Do NOT select the stock IPSW you downloaded from Apple.
7) iTunes will now restore your iPhone to iOS 6.0.1.
8) Once the restore is complete, open redsn0w again, and click the Jailbreak button. Follow the directions starting with entering DFU mode, and select a "new bootrom phone" if prompted to. Please note that you will have a tethered jailbreak, which means you'll have to run redsn0w Extras -> Just Boot every time the iPhone turns off or loses all charge. You'll also have to boot the device this way once immediately following the installation of Cydia for Cydia to work correctly.
9) Install ultrasn0w from Cydia. Please note ultrasn0w may not be updated for iOS 6.0.1 compatibility yet--if it is not, I don't know exactly what compatibility packages exist or how well they work. Searching for "iOS6 ultrasn0w compatibility" may help you find a working solution.
12-25-2012, 08:30 PM #5
Ok pal here is what happened...
I downloaded the ISPW 6.0.1 and I used 0.9.15b3 and I went to itunes, pressed shift and restored, the restoring process does not finalize successfully, it says: The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (37).
Now Im stuck in recovery mode, what shall I do...? I tried changing computers,...
Please check the picture attached
12-26-2012, 03:10 PM #6
If this persists, please upload your relevant error logs (they're sorted chronologically) to a site like pastebin.com or pastie.org and link to them here. Error logs can be found in the following locations:
In finder, hit Command + Shift + G. Enter:
~/Library/Logs/iPhone Updater Logs/
Open the "Run..." dialog box (Windows key + R). Enter:
%AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs
12-31-2012, 09:27 PM #7
After persisting and repeating the steps over and over, it worked... Thank u very much for ur assistance..