+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having trouble Downgrading from IOS 6.0 to 5.1.1 with Itunes error 3194 and 1600

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have saved my SHSH Blobs for 5.1.1 using Tiny Umbrella. I have an Iphone 4 GSM phone. I have tried to follow the guides to downgrade firmware, but constantly
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Having trouble Downgrading from IOS 6.0 to 5.1.1 with Itunes error 3194 and 1600
    I have saved my SHSH Blobs for 5.1.1 using Tiny Umbrella. I have an Iphone 4 GSM phone. I have tried to follow the guides to downgrade firmware, but constantly getting Itunes error 3194 & 1600. I have my device in Pawnage DFU Mode via Ireb. Then pressing shift (Windows) and pointing to a custom 5.1.1 Firmware I made using Redsnow. I have tried deleting GS Apple line in Host file and running TSS Server in TU, but neither has allowed me to restore. I have tried multiple computers both Mac and PC. Would appreciate any help on this topic. Thanks

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Maybe try using redsnow to put it into pwned mode. Don't know if that's a difference but worth a try.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Maybe try using redsnow to put it into pwned mode. Don't know if that's a difference but worth a try.

I tried an old method from this post iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 4 From iOS 6.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)

However, it started restoring and then said service failed. Having alot of trouble getting the device in Pawned DFU mode using Redsnow. Just says it is in recovery mode, despite me following the steps correctly for DFU mode. Any other tips would be a big help.

2k1
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

That was the method I just tried out! Here is the result: Started restoring and then said service failed. Having alot of trouble getting the device in Pawned DFU mode using Redsnow. Just says it is in recovery mode, despite me following the steps correctly for DFU mode. Any other tips would be a big help.

2K1 - Thanks for the quick response and help so far.

2k1
    Thanks

Still no luck?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Still no luck! Trying restore via Redsnow on PC and Mac, but both fail. Is it possible to do it through Itunes to restore to custom firmware without getting an error message?

Finally I got it done with some great suggestions from 2K1. I had not started the process on my mac and was just guessing it would not work. Here is exactly how I did it. OPen up the latest REdsnow. Go to extras, even more, restore, select Iphone 5.1.1 Firmware and place device into DFU Pawnage mode, then select SHSH Blob 5.1.1, then it went through and restored this way. What a program Redsnow is. Thanks.
    Last edited by cap2587; 12-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.