Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iphone jailbreak wont restore HELP

Default 3G iphone jailbreak wont restore HELP
    So I made a big mistake. Not thinking or realizing that you shouldnt do a factory reset on jailbroken iphones from the phone itself I am now trying to figure out how the heck to undo what I have done.

The phone keeps turning itself on an off showing the apple logo, some progress bars and then this cycle repeats.

I let the phone die and plugged it in to see if it will connect to iTunes and no luck there. My other major problem is my power button doesnt work, so thats why I am resorting to the battery dying out.

How can I get the phone to connect to stop attempting to reset itself and let it connect to iTunes so that I can restore it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by modelle18 View Post
    So I made a big mistake. Not thinking or realizing that you shouldnt do a factory reset on jailbroken iphones from the phone itself I am now trying to figure out how the heck to undo what I have done.

The phone keeps turning itself on an off showing the apple logo, some progress bars and then this cycle repeats.

I let the phone die and plugged it in to see if it will connect to iTunes and no luck there. My other major problem is my power button doesnt work, so thats why I am resorting to the battery dying out.

How can I get the phone to connect to stop attempting to reset itself and let it connect to iTunes so that I can restore it that way?
    i should add i followed this article iOS: Unable to update or restore, was able to restore via itunes but i cant get further than the apple logo and progress bars, beyond that it freezes