+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore Jailbroken 4s to 5.1 from 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, I had a 4s about 8 months ago which I lost. I went back to my 3gs. Well recently my wife bought an Iphone 5 and I received
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Restore Jailbroken 4s to 5.1 from 5.0.1
    Hey guys, I had a 4s about 8 months ago which I lost. I went back to my 3gs. Well recently my wife bought an Iphone 5 and I received her 4s. Her 4s is at 5.0.1. Unfortunately, I didn't save shsh blobs while apple was still signing 5.1.1. I just checked and I do have blobs saved for that device for 5.0.1 and 5.1, but not 5.1.1. I want to erase all her stuff and restore to 5.1 (which I do have blobs for), and then restore a backup I create of my 3gs (to keep contacts etc). I read that you can't do this if the phone was updated over the air...which I don't believe it was, but am not sure (is there a way to check?). I guess since Apple stopeed signing 5.1.1 a lot of the guides and info are outdated, and there is so much contradictory information out there...I was hoping someone could explain what I need to do with the current cirumstances etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks

The easiest way to check is to use redsn0w's Extras -> Even More -> Restore option (either pointing at 5.0.1 if you want the jailbreak, or 5.1 if you want stock) and see if the restore goes through. If it does, great; if not, well, that's that.

After the restore in redsn0w is complete, iTunes should allow you to restore your 3GS's backup with minimal hassle if your 3GS is not on a newer firmware than you're trying to use (e.g., 5.1 if trying to use the device on 5.0.1, 6.0 if you're trying to use 5.1, etc.).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The easiest way to check is to use redsn0w's Extras -> Even More -> Restore option (either pointing at 5.0.1 if you want the jailbreak, or 5.1 if you want stock) and see if the restore goes through. If it does, great; if not, well, that's that.

After the restore in redsn0w is complete, iTunes should allow you to restore your 3GS's backup with minimal hassle if your 3GS is not on a newer firmware than you're trying to use (e.g., 5.1 if trying to use the device on 5.0.1, 6.0 if you're trying to use 5.1, etc.).
    Thanks Orby. I tried redsn0w and received this message:

"it seems the apticket flashed on the device cannot be re-used for this hack"....should I assume that the phone was updated via OTA afterall? And I guess that means I'm out of luck for anything other than exactly where I'm at, huh?

LinkBacks (?)