Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: confused iphone4 jb 6.0.1 help please

Exclamation confused iphone4 jb 6.0.1 help please
    ok i have a unlocked ( factory ) iphone 4 on 6.0.1 -

i tried the last 3 versions of redsnow and none them reconize the 6.0.1 ipsw so i used 6.0

jb it and it went through however when i goto boot tethered after

redsnow wont finish it and says at the top missing keys.plist data for this build ?

its it cause i used 6.0 instead of 6.0.1 and if so why wont any redsnow reconize 6.0.1 ipsw ?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

You doing the right think using the 6.0. Are you using the redsnow in admin mode? Only I can think ya doing wrong.

nope im dumb , ,i didnt extract it to desktop - thats why it was giving me that error,

but how do i enable battery percentage - i must have it , lol
    Last edited by foreveraudio; 12-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks

Settings/general/usage at the bottom

I am having the same issue also, I extracted to desktop, ensured I had the correct ipsw right redsn0w program but it still continues to give me this error. In saying that I have also removed it and re-installed it incase I did this incorrectly.

Giving 6.0 another go as it was only tried once.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same issue with my 2nd ipod to jailbreak, everything is the same with the 2 ipods and I haven't made any changes to any software on my laptop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skullie213 View Post
    I'm having the same issue with my 2nd ipod to jailbreak, everything is the same with the 2 ipods and I haven't made any changes to any software on my laptop.
    What issues you having with yours?

Happens to me to on iPod 4g 6.0.1 but I just deleted redsn0w updated it to the newest version and it worked just keep retrying and it will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Three times now during the jailbreak process I've received the error- mssing keys.plist data for build, and twice during just boot. I've deleted redsn0w and am about to reinstall it. I thought about turning off the first ipod to reboot but I'm worried then I wouldn't be able to tether reboot it again. It's given me the message twice that I've jailbroken it but it doesn't seem to be.

Should I install the same version of redsn0w? I have the 6 ipsw also.

Select ipsw and select the 6.0 to have that verified when u boot tether or jailbreak. If u select 6.0.1 or don't select anything in redsn0w/extras/select ipsw it won't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monay_man View Post
    Select ipsw and select the 6.0 to have that verified when u boot tether or jailbreak. If u select 6.0.1 or don't select anything in redsn0w/extras/select ipsw it won't work.
    I've done that every time

It just doesn't seem to be sticking. After reinstall of redsn0w 0.9.15b3, it said it was successful again, and went through everything butu the cydia pineapple on the screen and all.
    Last edited by Skullie213; 12-13-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks

Ya running redsnow in admin mode if ya on pc?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Ya running redsnow in admin mode if ya on pc?
    I am

Restore your device. The first time on my Ipod I had to do a full restore Bc it wouldn't work. But the second time i tried on my iPhone it worked so it must be something with the device. Or the previous jailbreak on it messed it up. So try a clean restore. And jailbreak then restore to a backup so you don't loose data ! But first try to force your device off and dfu it by forcing it off and holding home it may take couple tries but don't do it the way it shows u on redsn0ws screen.

Heres what i did when i had that .plist error... After i went through the jailbreak part. I went back into DFU mode. I went into redsn0w and clicked select ipsw, selected the 6.0 ipsw, then clicked just boot...

If u selected autoboot limera1n devices diss select that and don't have anything selected during the process because it won't work. Try that